US bases in Iraq under missile attack

Gil Bang

12 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Which Iranian general should Dotard kill next? Hope he doesn't contribute to another passenger plane being downed.

Considering the main justification at this point is how many Americans Solemani* killed, I assume the next target should be al-Sadr.  Al-Sadr's Mahdi Army certainly was responsible for more deaths than Iran was.  Sure, he's an Iraqi and his political party is now the major faction of the majority coalition in their Parliament.  But, if revenge killings are now more important than trying to reach stability, he'd be next. 

*the great thing about Iranian names are there are no misspellings, as long as it is close phonetically.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Which Iranian general should Dotard kill next? Hope he doesn't contribute to another passenger plane being downed.

The error in trying to equate Dotard's actions with Iran shooting down a passenger plane is you can always shift blame.  Dotard doesn't kill the General means the Iranians don't accidentally kill innocents?  That's 100% true if you stop there and not think to other situations that got us to this point.  What's also true is if Iran doesn't get cash from Obama means they can't buy the missiles from Russia.  Or maybe if Obama, Bush, Clinton or Bush killed Soleimani when they had the chance you never end up in this situation.  

48 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

The error in trying to equate Dotard's actions with Iran shooting down a passenger plane is you can always shift blame.  Dotard doesn't kill the General means the Iranians don't accidentally kill innocents?  That's 100% true if you stop there and not think to other situations that got us to this point.  What's also true is if Iran doesn't get cash from Obama means they can't buy the missiles from Russia.  Or maybe if Obama, Bush, Clinton or Bush killed Soleimani when they had the chance you never end up in this situation.  

Or if Trump doesn't back out of Iran deal to reimpose sanctions maybe Iran wouldn't be moving forward with nuclear program, Saudi oil refinery would not have been attacked, etc., etc.

I don't think you necessarily can equate the two events, but there clearly is a "but for" cause and effect linking the assassination (or justified killing depending on your view) and the loss of life from the downed airliner.

To me, however, the laughable justification by the WH for the Suleimani killing ("IMMINENT" threat of attack) that was almost immediately unintentionally debunked by the Sec. of Defense reflects that this entire crisis was unnecessary and completely avoidable.  Hence, to me, Trump has some measure of responsibility for the unintended consequences.

Edited by DDD Dad

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

You just made this up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

Pointing out issue in the argument that the airplane being shot down was trumps fault. I know a bunch of you are lawyers and can think of counter arguments.

Well both types of missiles used were developed in Iran so it wasn’t fucking hard. If you want to make a point, usually a lie isn’t the best way to go about it.

• Like 1

Or if Trump doesn't back out of Iran deal to reimpose sanctions maybe Iran wouldn't be moving forward with nuclear program, Saudi oil refinery would not have been attacked, etc., etc.
I don't think you necessarily can equate the two events, but there clearly is a "but for" cause and effect linking the assassination (or justified killing depending on your view) and the loss of life from the downed airliner.
To me, however, the laughable justification by the WH for the Suleimani killing ("IMMINENT" threat of attack) that was almost immediately unintentionally debunked by the Sec. of Defense reflects that this entire crisis was unnecessary and completely avoidable.  Hence, to me, Trump has some measure of responsibility for the unintended consequences.

Absolutely. And there are about 50 other Iranian decisions that led to the airliner.

But I also agree. Had he not killed Soeimani that specific airliner would’ve never been shot down.

59 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Sorry, don’t have one. Point was to show people can connect or assign blame to whoever they want to. Money is fungible.

The Iranian Fateh rocket is homegrown and they have had them since 2002.  They actually export them or license them out to countries like Syria to reproduce.  They arent even based on a soviet rocket, they were developed around a Chinese missile with Chinese help.    These were reportedly launched at Al Asad air base.  

The Qiam rocket is a souped up scud (again, homegrown), which the Iranians have had in service since 2010.  It was developed from the Shahab-2, an iranian copy of a NORK copy of the russian scud-C.  These are what were reportedly shot at Irbil.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Pointing out issue in the argument that the airplane being shot down was trumps fault. I know a bunch of you are lawyers and can think of counter arguments.

What.  The.  Fuck.

Is it your impression this is a major argument against Trump?  I can think of a million reasons to criticize the guy, and I can even start to draw specious conclusions from our stupid walkback from the nuclear deal, but I'm pretty sure anyone with a functioning brainstem realizes that the choice to shoot down that airliner was not on us.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What.  The.  Fuck.

Is it your impression this is a major argument against Trump?  I can think of a million reasons to criticize the guy, and I can even start to draw specious conclusions from our stupid walkback from the nuclear deal, but I'm pretty sure anyone with a functioning brainstem realizes that the choice to shoot down that airliner was not on us.

jj,

You can make a counterargument here without being insulting.  He wasn't implying that 1) a choice was made to shoot down the airliner and 2) somehow that decision was our fault.

He's merely challenging those who complain the that Trump's decision to kill Soleimani resulted in the plane being shot down and therefore was his fault.  I happen to disagree with the idea that Trump is blameless and yet didn't attack him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

jj,

You can make a counterargument here without being insulting.  He wasn't implying that 1) a choice was made to shoot down the airliner and 2) somehow that decision was our fault.

He's merely challenging those who complain the that Trump's decision to kill Soleimani resulted in the plane being shot down and therefore was his fault.  I happen to disagree with the idea that Trump is blameless and yet didn't attack him.

Not sure exactly what you're saying, but I'm perfectly willing to own the idea that I can be overly insulting.

Sometimes it's not overly insulting.

13 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

jj,

c7e9593d-c0ee-4ad1-b80d-c1626e3e0fb4_tex

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

jj,

Accurate.  Although I do not claim Trump is blameless.

And you insult me on the golf course constantly by hitting down the middle every time.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

What's also true is if Iran doesn't get cash from Obama means they can't buy the missiles from Russia.

Negged for lying.

Edited by bolverk
Changing it because you backed off later in the thread.

13 hours ago, Tuco said:

Considering the main justification at this point is how many Americans Solemani* killed, I assume the next target should be al-Sadr.  Al-Sadr's Mahdi Army certainly was responsible for more deaths than Iran was.  Sure, he's an Iraqi and his political party is now the major faction of the majority coalition in their Parliament.  But, if revenge killings are now more important than trying to reach stability, he'd be next. 

*the great thing about Iranian names are there are no misspellings, as long as it is close phonetically.  

How many Americans were killed by al-Sadr and his Mahdi Army?

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Anyone surprised?

Not really, no.

"Adventurism." It may be preferable rather than escalating tensions, but it makes the US and its citizens sound so wholesome, like a childrens' novel.

The Many Adventures of Jeffrey Epstein

The Ku Klux Klan and Adventures in the Night

*Ollie North and his Adventures with the Sultan of Brunei

Well both types of missiles used were developed in Iran so it wasn’t fucking hard. If you want to make a point, usually a lie isn’t the best way to go about it.

FYI, this article says it was a Russian made surface to air missile that took down the airliner. So no, not lying.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boeing-jet-was-on-fire-before-crash-iran-says-11578558346

Someone else posted a link to this blog earlier and I’m a regular reader too.  Just like any plane crash it was a Swiss cheese of holes lined up, and the circumstances of poorly trained Iranian troopers being on high alert, nervous and exhausted was clearly started by the assassination 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/31791/lets-talk-about-how-iran-could-have-shot-down-a-737-full-of-innocent-people

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

FYI, this article says it was a Russian made surface to air missile that took down the airliner. So no, not lying.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boeing-jet-was-on-fire-before-crash-iran-says-11578558346

Nice attempt at moving the goal posts. Your OP was about the missiles used to attack the bases. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

100%?  Isn’t it common knowledge that Obama has been moonlighting as an Iranian SAM battery commander in order to pay for the girls’ college?

His new $15 million dollar beach front mansion is actually a strategic air defense silo. Only reason he bought a home that will be under water in 12 err 11 years. 

28 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

What percentage of the blame do you think he deserves?

Considering Trump did not fire or order the firing of a missile that shot down a civilian airliner, I would say zero is a good percentage. This is 100% on Iran.

If the US had shot down a 737 shortly after the missile attack would you have assigned part of the blame to Iran? No, because that’s ridiculous.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Considering Trump did not fire or order the firing of a missile that shot down a civilian airliner, I would say zero is a good percentage. This is 100% on Iran.

If the US had shot down a 737 shortly after the missile attack would you have assigned part of the blame to Iran? No, because that’s ridiculous.  

Exactly. Can you image if the US had shot down an Iranian commercial airliner and then in the aftermath tried to blame it on Iran?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

• Like 4

How bad is it that Iran is now the more credible voice regarding all of this?

How exactly does targeting an Iranian officer in Yemen relate to that “imminent” threat that Suleimani posed?

Narrator: it doesn’t.

The sole reason for the assassination and attempted assassination was revenge for the death of the US contractor.

One need only listen to Trump’s own words to glean that.

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Anyone surprised?

Someone (Seth Abramson?) wondered if reports on US media of B2 bombers being scrambled and inbound (they weren't) might have led to the Iranian forces inadvertently targeting this aircraft.