2020 Soccer Catchall Thread

Firemans4Horn

On 5/3/2020 at 12:37 AM, yoladu said:

I don't think even Liverpool would be happy with the 29 match season. Do they really want the trophy "awarded" to them this way? I guess as a fan, i would take it over having the season voided, but you would have to deal with asterisk talk for eternity. (maybe that is ok with most, i dunno)

And i am sure Arsenal, Norwich and Newcastle who could qualify for Europa if they won the FA Cup have also something to say.

The best scenario is that you find a way to play all remaining matches this summer, including the FA Cup. If you can't, the season gets voided. Any other scenario is a goddamn mess.

Hell. even completing the remaining 2019/2020 games in the Fall and having a shortened 2020/2021 season is more fair to every club. All English divisions, i imagine, would have to agree to that as well. And yeah, I have no idea how that works if the European competitions who likely would want the EPL clubs placed before then.

*** It's a mess. I started with a short post that just kept getting longer and longer when i considered what the mindset or position of several clubs might be.

We’ve won 27 out of 29 games and at our current ppg pace would finish the season on 107 points. We have a 25 point lead over 2nd place. I give zero fucks about an asterisk. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We’ve won 27 out of 29 games and at our current ppg pace would finish the season on 107 points. We have a 25 point lead over 2nd place. I give zero fucks about an asterisk. 

The asterisk would denote:

*Greatest Season By A Club In League History Interrupted By Plague

• Like 1

22 hours ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

While the asterisk talk would exist, it will be retarded.  Liverpool was/is clearly the champion this year and deserve to be rewarded as such.  The other positions are the tricky part of this situation.  Promotion/relegation and UCL/Europa spots are where this fight is going to get really messy.  

It's actually pretty easy.  Currently, the standings are as follows with games played/points:

1. Pool 29/82

2. City 28/57

3. LC 29/53

4. Chelsea 29/48

5. Man U 29/45

6. Wolves 29/43

7. Sheffield 28/43

Pool is obviously in. City are a bunch of fucking cheaters, so they are out.  LC and Chelsea are in.  Man U has more points right now, but SU has a game in hand.  That game in hand was versus Newcastle, which they would have won, so we slot them above Man U.  It would be unfair to dock them because they had one fewer easy games and, also, fuck Man U.  

That leaves Man U in Europa and Arsenal and Tottenham somewhere down the table sucking each other's farts.  

Bundesliga TV schedule for next weekend. Next season, all matches will be on ESPN+

Bundesliga TV schedule

All times Eastern USA

— Last updated: May 8, 2020

Saturday, May 16

Dortmund vs. Schalke, 9:30am, FS1, FOX Deportes, Sling Blue, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

RB Leipzig vs. Freiburg, 9:30am, FS2, TUDN, Sling Blue + World Sports, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

Augsburg vs. Wolfsburg, 9:30am, FOX Soccer Plus and fuboTV (free trial)

Dusseldorf vs. Paderborn, 9:30am, FOX Soccer Match Pass

Hoffenheim vs. Hertha Berlin, 9:30am, FOX Soccer Match Pass

Frankfurt vs. Monchengladbach, 12:30pm, TUDN and fuboTV (free trial)

Sunday, May 17

Cologne vs. Mainz, 9:30am, FS1, FOX Deportes, Sling Blue, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

Union Berlin vs. Bayern Munich, Noon, FS1, UniMas, TUDN, Sling Blue, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

Monday, May 18

Werder Bremen vs. Bayer Leverkusen, 2:30pm, FS2, Sling Blue + World Sports, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

[mention=922]Goo Punch[/mention]

it’s like this article was written specifically for you:

Reconsidered: just how good was Jack Wilshere against Barcelona in 2011? 

https://theathletic.com/1800494/2020/05/10/jack-wilshere-arsenal-barcelona-champions-league-michael-cox/?source=user_shared_article

And the more the game continues, the more it becomes clear that Barcelona are scared of Wilshere and are desperate to surround him whenever possible.

d7a8981c5f2d2d81d396e37a9cae5bd0.jpg

alright this was pretty f'ing cool so i'm sharing it here. recently my 66 year old mom has gotten into learning how to juggle a soccer ball (since that's pretty much all i do around the house), and she's actually pretty freaking good at it for having never played soccer in her life and being a beginner. anyway, yesterday she decided she wanted to try this, and i shouldn't have been surprised when she nailed it. i sent the video to a couple football IG accounts that I follow, and it got picked up footballwave. pretty cool if you ask me:

• Like 3

On 5/12/2020 at 10:54 AM, Goo Punch said:

alright this was pretty f'ing cool so i'm sharing it here. recently my 66 year old mom has gotten into learning how to juggle a soccer ball (since that's pretty much all i do around the house), and she's actually pretty freaking good at it for having never played soccer in her life and being a beginner. anyway, yesterday she decided she wanted to try this, and i shouldn't have been surprised when she nailed it. i sent the video to a couple football IG accounts that I follow, and it got picked up footballwave. pretty cool if you ask me:

433 ended up sharing this and the likes of Carles Puyol, David Luiz, Akinfenwa, and more have all been leaving comments about my mom, which is actually pretty freaking cool. Shes really been enjoying her 24 hours of gojng viral. Best quarantine ever!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

433 ended up sharing this and the likes of Carles Puyol, David Luiz, Akinfenwa, and more have all been leaving comments about my mom, which is actually pretty freaking cool. Shes really been enjoying her 24 hours of gojng viral. Best quarantine ever!

That's awesome, man! Hope y'all are staying well...

As for the actual games, I have almost been avoiding the coverage because I keep expecting something to come up that prevents it from happening. And if it does, I can't wait for the look on my wife's face when every tv in the house is on a Bundesliga game on Saturday morning at 8:30....

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 9:41 AM, mdmost said:

Bundesliga TV schedule for next weekend. Next season, all matches will be on ESPN+

Bundesliga TV schedule

All times Eastern USA

— Last updated: May 8, 2020

Saturday, May 16

Dortmund vs. Schalke, 9:30am, FS1, FOX Deportes, Sling Blue, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

RB Leipzig vs. Freiburg, 9:30am, FS2, TUDN, Sling Blue + World Sports, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

Augsburg vs. Wolfsburg, 9:30am, FOX Soccer Plus and fuboTV (free trial)

Dusseldorf vs. Paderborn, 9:30am, FOX Soccer Match Pass

Hoffenheim vs. Hertha Berlin, 9:30am, FOX Soccer Match Pass

Frankfurt vs. Monchengladbach, 12:30pm, TUDN and fuboTV (free trial)

Sunday, May 17

Cologne vs. Mainz, 9:30am, FS1, FOX Deportes, Sling Blue, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

Union Berlin vs. Bayern Munich, Noon, FS1, UniMas, TUDN, Sling Blue, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

Monday, May 18

Werder Bremen vs. Bayer Leverkusen, 2:30pm, FS2, Sling Blue + World Sports, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, Vidgo and fuboTV (free trial)

Just noticed this on BBC sport.  

On 5/6/2020 at 8:36 PM, Captain Ron said:

Bundesliga, KBO - amazing when the government has a centralized plan on tackling COVID-19, they can get some level of return to normalcy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/avivahwittenbergcox/2020/04/13/what-do-countries-with-the-best-coronavirus-reponses-have-in-common-women-leaders/#4e6375463dec

Wimminz.

If these guys didn't have obvious skill, you'd swear this was a friendly played between two rec league teams. Maybe pipe in some crowd noise to make it less weird. It's probably not weird for the players given all the scrimmages they do. 

17 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Of freakin' course Reyna gets pulled with an injury just before his first start.

Interesting comment.  How will the players celebrate a goal?

Very awkwardly.  Look for Haaland's goal celebration.  Yikes.

Edited by Bullneck

Dude that's awesome.