737 down in Iran

Gil Bang

There’s a purported video on twitter. It’s dark and you can’t even tell it’s a plane, but something in the air is on fire as it falls towards the ground. It explodes on impact. 

and there it is. 

Edited by Lat22

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Plane was on fire. Guy had his camera out. Something went down to cause that guy to start filming. 

such as seeing a fireball moving across the sky?

uncontrolled fan blade failure?  think there are problems for that with the 800s

48 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I know this is beside the point but I really hate that news outlets distribute stuff that's unconfirmed. Especially in situations like this. And I understand why they feel they have to (sometimes) but it just muddies everything up. Anyway. I'm going to go read the dog thread now and try not to think about all this.

Edited by austingirl

48 minutes ago, elfenix said:

such as seeing a fireball moving across the sky?

uncontrolled fan blade failure?  think there are problems for that with the 800s

Uncontained engine failures on 737s usually don't render the aircraft completely uncontrollable.

Edited by OU Sucks

Iranian AAA Commander: I wish that was an American plane. We have all these missiles, think of the glorious victory if we could just fire one.

Freaked out newb AAA soldier: One fired, Sir!

Iranian AAA Commander: Damn it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Iranian AAA Commander: I wish that was an American plane. We have all these missiles, think of the glorious victory if we could just fire one.

Freaked out newb AAA soldier: One fired, Sir!

Iranian AAA Commander: Damn it.

spacer.png