2020 Rain Thread

Hate

32 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Allegedly, he’s up for parole in the spring.

Surely his freshly keestered burner phone gets reception and surlyhorns there in the klink.  Somebody put some $ on his books so he can get some extra air time to surf the internets.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Fucking tornadoes in January? Go home Texas.

Actually quite common in the winter for states along the gulf coast, similar to in the middle of summer for Canada and the northern tier of states.  Strong cold/warm boundaries with sufficiently high dew points and wind patterns.

jan_tor_climo_0.jpg?v=at&w=485&h=273

10 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

So what time is this shit supposed to pop-off?

I don't know (posting from Dallas here) but I just got home to work rest of the day from here.  I was not going to take the chance of getting stuck in a commute during this shitshow

5 minutes ago, Updawg said:
12 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:
As someone who runs an after-school program (private, so not beholden to AISD moves), this is the gist of my response to parent emails so far this afternoon.
tenor.gif?itemid=9718411

No offense, but that's a little disconcerting knowing a surly poster runs a daycare.

Understandable. But I take pride in molding future assholes.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, austingirl said:

AISD just cancelled all after-school activities, including after-care. Yikes.

This is a good thing, because my kid had a soccer game at Reagan (excuse me, "Austin East College International Pseudo Preparatory School") right when shit was predicted to blow up.

• Like 1

I mean the weather forecast is so severe for both Austin & Houston that weather.com has no advisories up for either location.

It’s not supposed to hit the Houston metro area until 10pm or so. You’ll see some watches posted later this afternoon.

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is a good thing, because my kid had a soccer game at Reagan (excuse me, "Austin East College International Pseudo Preparatory School") right when shit was predicted to blow up.

That's my hood yo. I run my dog around that soccer track almost every morning. Even see white women jogging around. How that area has changed. 

FW gets the nasty around 5-ish and we get it on other side the Metroplex about 60-90 mins later.

You've have to excuse Ursuline, Hockaday and St. Mark's. I think there's a little PTSD going on there -- and for anybody that's driven through that area post-Oct tornado, I don't blame them.

Funny name for a town.  Vic is a gunter.

Anyways, DFW NWS last night compared today's predicted atmospheric setup with Dec. 26, 2015.  That produced the Garland/Rowlett tornado that blew cars off of I-30 and killed 13.  Hopefully the cloud cover doesn't burn off today, reducing the heating that would fuel the storms.

Squall line may move more slowly than predicted through east Texas, with wind and tornado risk continuing well after midnight. NE Texas in the bullseye.

Cap currently expected to hold in SE Texas, but if it does break this afternoon they could see possible supercells form east of the squall line.  

Timing map and FAQ:

http://www.weather.gov/images/fwd/graphicast/image_full8.jpg?c825670b3ebe5920e2a341d5dfaf10df

https://www.weather.gov/images/fwd/graphicast/image_full3.jpg?b645737ba8388c19eb16333468828f6c

tl;dr:  The DFW NWS says don't worry about what risk zone you're in, prepare to die.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, C-Man said:

FW gets the nasty around 5-ish and we get it on other side the Metroplex about 60-90 mins later.

You've have to excuse Ursuline, Hockaday and St. Mark's. I think there's a little PTSD going on there -- and for anybody that's driven through that area post-Oct tornado, I don't blame them.

Yeah, I deliberately avoided that area for a while, but have driven through it in the last few weeks.  Pretty shocking.  Looks like Wichita Falls 40 years ago (not quite that bad, but still).

25 minutes ago, C-Man said:

guy i work with lives down there and his house got taken down to the foundation.  he is feeling triggered today. 

34 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Where are you seeing that timeline?

15 minutes ago, Skipper said:

So I remember from the October Dallas tornadoes there was talk about how the cap broke.  If I'm in Dallas and just saw some damn sunshine I assume that's not a good thing eh??

Delkus said on FB sunshine is not a good thing with regard to the cap.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

Work in Denton and live in Decatur (not voluntarily). Can't wait to see what I will be coming home to this evening, if I'm able to get there.

Work In Denton and live in Corinth. Think the squall line hits right around rush hour when everyone is sitting on I-35. Good times. 

Edited by Uncle Nate

23 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

As far as Centex is concerned, there is a nice line of fuckery forming out across Llano county.

Yeah it is lining up with the future radar from earlier... They posted severe weather advisories for most of the I-35 corridor all the way down to Encinal

Edited by Pimphand