2020 Rain Thread

Hate

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Just got an alert on my phone there’s a tornado warning in Tarrant Co. be safe out there fuckers 

From NWS:

This dangerous storm will be near...
  Joshua around 550 PM CST.
  Cross Timber around 555 PM CST.
  Crowley around 600 PM CST.
  Burleson around 605 PM CST.
  Edgecliff Village and Edgecliff around 610 PM CST.
  Mansfield, Forest Hill, Kennedale, Everman and Rendon around 615
  PM CST.

Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include
Briaroaks.

This includes the following highways...
 Interstate 35W between mile markers 32 and 46.
 Interstate 20 between mile markers 436 and 444.

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

All you motherfuckers in the mid cities are dead. So dead. You are all so dead. 

Of course The Fake Weather Channel switches away from that tornado to a phone call with a mom who lost her home earlier.  Exploiting her for tears, emotions boost the ratings!

Edited by clapclapclap

Trying to pull from what PhD has said in the past, but I think with the sun going down and loss of daytime heating, these storms should start weakening. I feel like I've heard him say that with a similar line of storms headed our way. Could be talking out of my ass.

That's not always the case and won't be tonight.  Some storms need the day time heating to provide "lift".  These storms have plenty of mechanisms to provide lift tonight including upper and lower air patterns going in slightly different directions, a lot of gulf moisture, and the big difference in temperature of the air masses.  These storms need to be watched all evening.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

That's not always the case and won't be tonight.  Some storms need the day time heating to provide "lift".  These storms have plenty of mechanisms to provide lift tonight including upper and lower air patterns going in slightly different directions, a lot of gulf moisture, and the big difference in temperature of the air masses.  These storms need to be watched all evening.

heartfelt-thank-you-volunteers-messages.

14 minutes ago, Hate said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Mass hysteria and threats of coconut sized hail, biblical flooding, lightning thrashing every inch of the state.  Absolute and complete bullshlt.  We've had some 20mph winds and a quarter inch of rain.  

Something is wrong with this planet since PhDhorn left this hoard.