2020 Rain Thread

Hate

Was driving on Creek Road in 78620 & turned onto 290 to go East... light rain, all was fine, then as soon as I hit rubber to 290, it was like a 3,000 gal. water tank opened up on my truck... non stop for 30 seconds & then it dropped back to light rain.  Crazy

18 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Dude.. I accidentally hit hate when I was trying to hit like.. fuck the rep.. you rock.

12 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

You, uh... you DO know you can reverse engines on those choices, right?

Correctamundo.

Alright, wapping up here on the West Side.  May rain totals now about 3" above normal, good month.

Those E of Austin (not many I know) watch out, these storms will run into unstable air (the air over us kinda weakened these storms as I guessed, severe TS warnings axed) which hasn't yet seen storms.. they could flare up around midnight and get nasty.

The rest of us, it's over on the west side, happening now in central.  That's it, a nice May rainwise so far.  Enjoy it, no rain forecast in next 5-6 days at least.  NItey-nite.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And we briefly lost power in ‘56 and it woke up the kids.  Lovely.  One is sleeping with mommy in our bed, I’m on the couch with the other.    Need a king size bed.

WTF?? Why would anyone over the age of 35 not have a king sized bed? 

• Like 1

Woke up a little bit ago to one hell of a light show down here on the Coastal Bend. Got up to piss and get a drink of water then watched for a bit. Then I noticed my wife forgot to close the garage door. The kids are sleeping through the storm but I absolutely know that if I go close the door, they will somehow wake up to that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

Lulz.

spacer.png

I mean let’s not act like this was some big rain maker or event. Sure it was lots of lightning and thunder and some isolated heavy rain. Mostly It was a line of storms that moved through the area over about 2-3 hours. We’ll take what we can get, but the original precipitation forecast of widespread 4-6” didn’t exactly pan out.

Most of south Texas and the Hill Country still need lots more rain before the death grip of the summer high hits. But I’m a pessimist so...

16 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Still raining in Waco.   Hasn’t stopped since the gust front storms started around 10:45 last night.  

It went through then put it in reverse and backed up like a Chinese driver making sure their pedestrian victim is dead.

17 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

It went through then put it in reverse and backed up like a Chinese driver making sure their pedestrian victim is dead.

Yep.  That low is just stalled out and not moving.  Shits gonna be too beaucoup here  pretty quick 

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And we briefly lost power in ‘56 and it woke up the kids.  Lovely.  One is sleeping with mommy in our bed, I’m on the couch with the other.    Need a king size bed.

half a handle of bourbon also helps. for the kids of course. 

I mean let’s not act like this was some big rain maker or event. Sure it was lots of lightning and thunder and some isolated heavy rain. Mostly It was a line of storms that moved through the area over about 2-3 hours. We’ll take what we can get, but the original precipitation forecast of widespread 4-6” didn’t exactly pan out.

Most of south Texas and the Hill Country still need lots more rain before the death grip of the summer high hits. But I’m a pessimist so...
Just own it bro

12 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

Lulz.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Paco said:
7 hours ago, stone oak said:

Just own it bro

source.gif

• Like 1