2020 Rain Thread

Hate

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

This is what the 4th day in a row of predicted rain that didn’t happen. Force field strong 

I mean, it's actually not even a laughing matter in our house anymore.  My wife has gone full-on "I don't believe a fucking thing the weather folks say."  It's pretty damned annoying.

Guest Lobo

We would have made different plans today had we know the sun would up the whole damn day.  

Also, are the same people who made this call for 5-10" of rain this weekend the same ones in charge of selecting the launch window for Wednesday's Crew Dragon launch?  

4 minutes ago, boknowstecmo said:

It looks like Austin is right on the edge of the rain so far. 

Exactly.  It's like the usual mouthy morons don't know how to look at a radar.

Meanwhile, there's already a flood advisory north of Houston and the long range forecast has 39 more days and nights of this crap.

Guest Lobo
9 minutes ago, boknowstecmo said:

This storm just keeps rebuilding in Southeast Austin. 

Trying to gentrify it as well, no doubt.  And what's the deal with hail?  Why is it all white 'n shit?  

This thing is getting aggressive here south of the River.  Any power outages for anyone in Central Texas?  

8 hours ago, stone oak said:

Translation: we aren’t getting shit but typical afternoon t storms and it’s gonna be hot and humid as f otherwise. 

No Way What GIF

Seems like anytime these precip models go apocalyptic for rain in Central TX with these systems, it doesn’t really pan out. Again, I pity the weathermen around here.

Lulz.  Good to see you’re going all-in after your Sam Bowie whiff a couple pages ago.  

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yeah, it ain't going to rain.   Blah. Blah. Blah.

It's Memorial Day, you idiots.

Say Hello to that monster coming up from the SW.

I just moved my cars under protective structures (with my longhorn home, I have more cars then garage space).

You are so right, Memorial Day in Austin trumps forcefields, droughts and anything else times a billion. The end.

This one line west of us is going to move toward the East, colliding with storms are moving up to the Northwest. That usually heightens  the storms pretty good for a brief time but then they wash out quickly. Point is the Ccux of that may burn out by the time it hits Austin, or it might be right under it so take care water and hail wise for the next 2 hours. Once these sweep by between 11 and midnight I think it'll be it for the evening.

I'llbe back if things go sour..

I was driving home when this shit rolled in on me. Fucking tree fell in front of me and the road flooded fast. Pantera was playing in the truck and I started laughing and went into LT. Dan mode.

Fuck you 2020!!!

spacer.png

• Like 6