2020 Rain Thread

Hate

On 6/22/2020 at 8:52 PM, Hate said:

Here are the projected totals through Friday from the GFS model:

0a51933a42a99049084a89e3cb489828.jpg

And here are the projected totals for the next week from the NWS.

5aa81e8176502fe556bc168a9c919128.gif

Well they were just a little low on that first week prediction. We got hammered Monday and Wednesday. 

Rain is coming this a.m. (moving up from the Valley), but most of it will be E of ATX.  However we should get a good shower or two around 10 or 11.

No, it won't wash out the Sahara Dust for more than a few hours.  Most of the dust is gonna get here later today into the weekend anyway.

10 hours ago, austingirl said:

Was thinking the same thing. It's nice till you try to breathe.

I can't breathe...through my nose. Seriously, my  sneezing  woke me up and I'm finding it difficult to form thoughts in between allergy attacks.

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

We had all this African dust in the air yesterday. All this rain is going to wash all that dust into the ground water. In a week, when we drink that water, are we going to get Ebola?

It washed Ebola-laden dust and a trillion locust eggs down to earth.  We'll have all the plagues covered in no time.  Time to go out and acquire some lamb's blood.....

3 hours ago, torre said:

Hi phd

Any model for this dust to predict length of time in area  ?    

Thanks  !

Most of it is gone. It's noticeably clear today. the biggest chunk of it is actually going to move east into Florida and up the Atlantic, and the rest of it, much thinner, is going to move north up toward the great lakes. We're done with it.

• 2 weeks later...

San Antonio quietly enters Stage 1 drought restrictions as the Edwards Aquifer drops below the 660' MSL threshold. Currently at about 655' and falling quickly , Stage 2 starts at 650'.

Absolutely zero rain in the forecast for the next week or so. F 2020.

8 minutes ago, stone oak said:

San Antonio quietly enters Stage 1 drought restrictions as the Edwards Aquifer drops below the 660' MSL threshold. Currently at about 655' and falling quickly , Stage 2 starts at 650'.

Absolutely zero rain in the forecast for the next week or so. F 2020.

The next week???  It’s never gonna rain again 

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Nice little downpour here in 78758

We're a few miles south of you (just across the river) but I can hear the thunder from here and the sky has changed to that yellow-ish hue.  But the activity does not look headed this way.  But the pressure just dropped and everything came to a standstill.  Eerie kinda.