2020 Rain Thread

Hate

Decent chance of spot rain today (coverage will be the greatest of the last 3 days).

Dry next 2 days, then the low thingy moves in from just off Galveston.  Fri-Sat is best rain chance we've had since early June.  I think we'll get some.

That thing near Cuba, way too early to talk about it for Texas.  Wait 2-3 days.

Most, not everyone, in CenTex should get at least a shower if not more between now and Sunday.

• Like 1

I can tell you where it won’t rain ever again. My house! I’ve had storms near enough to smell the rain 3 out of the last 4 days with nary a drop. This morning I’m watching the storms just somehow sit south of me without moving. It’s frustrating to say the least. Having said that, I’ll probably get a Harvey like deluge right above my house this weekend and flood.

Here is the latest Euro weather model for the next 10 days.  It's taking into account that the two invests in the Caribbean/Gulf both make landfall in Texas.  There is still a long way to go between now and then, but the Euro has been a pretty good model over the last several years.  of course, things could change dramatically between now and then. Also, the Euro is the outlier on this...for now.

file.php?id=16435&t=1

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

14.1” in San Angelo area would be pretty wicked 

1 minute ago, Hpara759 said:

Twin Buttes, O.C. Fisher and O.H. Ivie  could handle that load

Well for one, that bullseye is centered around Menard/Junction/Mason. Southeast of San Angelo by a bit.

Gotta rain west of Angelo for Buttes and Fisher. This is going into the San Saba and Llano rivers and flowing into the highland lakes.

/someone who was born in that shithole of San Angelo.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Well for one, that bullseye is centered around Menard/Junction/Mason. Southeast of San Angelo by a bit.

Gotta rain west of Angelo for Buttes and Fisher. This is going into the San Saba and Llano rivers and flowing into the highland lakes.

/someone who was born in that shithole of San Angelo.

just once before (it doesn't matter to me) I would like to see the Concho River's and the upper Colorado River fill all the reservoir's...… I would guess the 1936 San Angelo flood and the 1882 Ben Ficklin flood would have done it if the reservoir's had been there.

Went camping last night at a friends place out near Blanco. Was so excited to sit up on the hill and look down on the valley, hoping for a nice storm. Didn't even put the damn rain flap on. About 6AM girlfriend wakes me up to put it on. By the time I fastened it down it was all over. I said screw it, left it on and climbed back into the tent. 

Was still a gorgeous night. 

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

It’s never going to stop raining in Houston.

I've only gotten a little rain over the last week.  I've watched several storms creep right up to my doorstep only to veer east or west or disappear altogether.  I've probably only gotten 2 inches of rain when a good percentage of the area has gotten much more.  Oh well, it did fill the pool and give the lawn a nice reprieve for a week or so.  I hope the golf courses are in good shape.  I have rounds scheduled for Friday evening and Saturday morning. They should be in great shape after this week. 

Believe it or not, this rain is from... <rum roll>... A COLD FRONT passing through. A cold front? In the least likely and hottest week and a half of the year? Granted, "cold" is a relative term but still this is a good old-fashioned northwestern weather front. Odds of that are lower than the Florida Marlins playing 20 games this season!

anyway, I can't remember when this has happened in at least 20 years athough I'm sure it has maybe once. Pretty amazing.