2020 Rain Thread

Hate

43 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Believe it or not, this rain is from... <rum roll>... A COLD FRONT passing through. A cold front? In the least likely and hottest week and a half of the year? Granted, "cold" is a relative term but still this is a good old-fashioned northwestern weather front. Odds of that are lower than the Florida Marlins playing 20 games this season!

anyway, I can't remember when this has happened in at least 20 years athough I'm sure it has maybe once. Pretty amazing.

Frozen-Jack-azuredge.net_.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

The western edge of demarcation was a line running NE to SW about  183/360 through W of 360 to the western half of Westlake to 37 inches east of my yard.  I got a good shower but maybe .25". People in ATX Central and Oak Hill and south got 1"-2"..

It always rains in Bee Cave but this time only the eastern half.

The good news is another disturbance might be on tap for later weekend into early next week.  In the hottest, driest part of the year.  No one with a pulse should bitch about the weather for at least 36 hours or 5 minutes, whichever comes first.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

Just turned the sprinkler system off for this weekend. Clouds are like winter clouds. Rare surprise indeed

Just turned my sprinkler system on to DOUBLE power.  Not a GD drop at my house in the CP.  

Eff you lame-ass summer cold front.  You suck.

No 2nd disturbance at least right now.  After a glorious week of relief (well, it did get to 102° yesterday but c'mon, you can't say the last week has been relentlessly hot/dry!) August gonna August and 100 or just above on tap coming week.

Can probably park this thread for a week or two.

R-4776917-1530714967-9867.jpeg.jpg

Yeah, all it took was a hurricane and a rare canadian cold front, but we got a decent rain finish to end jUly.  My lawn is thankful.  Temps and humidity were/are brutal, but hey---take what we can get.  That any rain in July/August in Texas now requires a rare meteorological phenomenon worries the shit out of me long-term but nobody else seems to give fuck one, so I'll join the party.  

And now we officially begin August.  What was already the worst month of the year...school starts, no rain, lots of heat, no holidays, 31 days of bullshit...but it offered one respite---College Football.  But I doubt we have that this time around...so I say...I say to you...I say, "FUCK AUGUST!"  

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Yeah, I got a notification of rain starting about 30 minutes ago.

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Just got the notification that the rain is stopping.

This has happened to me three times just today.  No clouds in the sky.  But notices about rain starting and stopping.

Meanwhile, Weather Channel app has been spot on.

16 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Yeah, I got a notification of rain starting about 30 minutes ago.

Got multiple notifications on Dark Sky of storms and rain yesterday that never materialized.

Not a single fucking notification for that little rain, thunder and lightning show that just blew through.  And it's set to my location.