2020 Rain Thread

Hate

14 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Last I recall about "neighborhood" mentions, you were complaining abut patrons from a bar blocking your driveway.

Man that would've been at least 5 years ago. The last year I lived there I didn't really have an issue with that bar as they got their shit together with respect to the neighbors. 

5 hours ago, Hate said:

A friend of mine posted this pic from the Startzville area a while ago.

DAF93A12-BB72-4094-9CCE-D8672FAFFB08.jpeg

Heh, I live 10 minutes from there and yeah it hit the area hard. Fortunately our property is on a hill but unfortunately we are now surrounded by running water.

God is enforcing a Shelter in Place.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

Was @ P. Terry's on Lamar (backed in & having a burger) around 1515 or so & the wires in front of me / to the side of the Doc in a Box got zapped - probably sizzled for close to 4 seconds & were glowing phosphorous white hot.

Crazy.

9d9fdffcee6767f9dd2387d3729ba13b.jpga5e4054d743f72f0293458a61fdb8539.jpg

This hits close to home because I was at that doc in a box on Sunday

3 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Was @ P. Terry's on Lamar (backed in & having a burger) around 1515 or so & the wires in front of me / to the side of the Doc in a Box got zapped - probably sizzled for close to 4 seconds & were glowing phosphorous white hot.

Crazy.

9d9fdffcee6767f9dd2387d3729ba13b.jpga5e4054d743f72f0293458a61fdb8539.jpg

We actually heard that one go off.    Thought it was pretty close, and that is literally getting close to home.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

2.7" in South Austin yesterday according to my gauge.  All of it fell over the course of about nine hours.  

Little concerned to see there's now a 30% chance of rain this afternoon, given the rapidly approaching flyovers.  Obviously a drizzle down here doesn't mean shit up there, but I hope the cloud cover doesn't reduce the kid's ability to see the jets.   And I'm guessing the pilots prefer good visibility given how close they fly to one another.  

Edited by Lobo

19 hours ago, utee94 said:

So NorthLoop moved away from North Loop, but now I believe South Austin lives in that area?

Y'all are some crazy mofos.

Technically, I live in Brentwood now.  I went from South Austin to Northwest Hills to Rosedale to your mom's to Brentwood.

Since it was mentioned above, The USAF Thunderbirds have fired up and are going on the run!

However, they're an hour delayed, so they'll be in Austin but about 3:40 p.m.  Take note.

(They're going smack dab over my house, so I'll take a video hopefully if I don't get knocked down to the ground).

Also, Saturday's rain totals are holding up at this point... another wet one shaping up.

Guest Lobo

I dunno, forcefield has definitely been out 'n about during 2020, but nowhere near as strong as it's been in recent years.  Between you and me, I think it got the 'Rona but is too ashamed to put on the mask so we're still getting the wetness falling down on us. 

14 hours ago, Hate said:

I hope so.  I have outdoor plans for that weekend.  I need it to be hot and dry.

Narrator:  You'll get biblical flooding and like it.

When they originally scheduled the Rolling Stones concert outside at COTA for that weekend, I just laughed.  

But since that was canceled, perhaps the weather will turn out nice after all.

4 hours ago, miguelito said:

Epicenter shifting east, but the western edge is trying to hold on:

p120i.gif?1589471251

Classic. I bet Austin gets maybe an inch this weekend, and most of SA gets 1/2 inch. It will be some front that blows through way late and faster than expected.

Also, mother nature really hates Houston...

6 minutes ago, stone oak said:

Classic. I bet Austin gets maybe an inch this weekend, and most of SA gets 1/2 inch. It will be some front that blows through way late and faster than expected.

Also, mother nature really hates Houston...

Likely.  It’s 4-5 degrees warmer today than even yesterday’s forecast.  Bout to hit 90 here in The Wack 

Edited by Trey3216

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4799e9c6021b555516a3

Models now trending way down.  Reason:  storm was originally forecast to stall W of Austin which would have meant lotsa rain.  Now it's gonna stall NE of Texas in SW Arkansas, which means it'll be past us.  No big rain Sat.

Now looking like however a potent line will move through Friday late evening (around midnight) then be past by 1-2 a.m.  That'll be about it, maybe a light shower Sat.

A case of flip-flops; 1st storm earlier this week was supposed to be harmless pooh-bear.  Turned out to be a bitch. This one was looking like a big one, now is just pooping out.

Of course the storm could still still like originally forecast, but naw, I don't buy it.  Bit o' rain Fri then cloudy Sat. with slight chance of period of light rain.  Dassit.

• Like 1

Current radar looks insane.  I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it.  There's a swath heading north to south from Oklahoma (sucks), a swath heading east from west Texas, a swath heading northeast from SW Texas, and a swath in Houston/Galveston expanding NW.  Ahhhhhh!!!!!!