2020 Rain Thread

Hate

Good morning.

Actually, this was pretty much expected. The high that can sit over us has been out west, and even with our plus-100 temperatures it hasn''t sat on top of us and crushed convection the past few days.  Because of this, we've had a pretty nifty little north wind funneling down the last couple of days, which also provides a gateway to allow disturbances like this one to sweep on in through the open gate.

Stuff like this is what makes this summer far less miserable than some others, I don't care what the temperatures have been reading. They're only part of the weather picture. And it looks like we're going to get some pretty good rain around here next week too.

Yes...well...that could have brought to my attention YESTERDAY!  Wanted to sleep in this morning but had to run outside at 6:15am and move all kinds of shit into the garage that was left out from the schoolweek.  But hey---the yard digs it. 

PhD---how long you think the rain will last today?  And you think that Tuesday system will pan out on the backside of that tropical storm?  

Edited by Lobo

6 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Actually, this was pretty much expected.

Of course it was.  I don't give 2 shits about y'all turning on the sprinklers - it's all about what happens within a week of Dove season opening.

Concentrate the water around the few ponds available... the birds are congregating... & BLAMMO! A good soaker shows up to spread the birds around because every 2" dip in the dirt becomes a huge puddle.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Need to get busy writing my two-hurricane thriller story and sell it to Hollywood before anybody else does.   Hopefully Dwayne Johnson will be available.  

If it doesn't involve setting off a nuke in the G.o.M., Republicans aren't interested.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Of course it was.  I don't give 2 shits about y'all turning on the sprinklers - it's all about what happens within a week of Dove season opening.

Concentrate the water around the few ponds available... the birds are congregating... & BLAMMO! A good soaker shows up to spread the birds around because every 2" dip in the dirt becomes a huge puddle.

Somr day the doves are going to get really smart and start hunting you. Maybe they'll have more mercy on you then because of this.

12 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Somr day the doves are going to get really smart and start hunting you. Maybe they'll have more mercy on you then because of this.

You've apparently never heard of my dove hunting prowess.

They have less to worry about from me than 99% of the people going out.

• 2 weeks later...

up in Denison visiting my dad and amazing rains up here. +5 inches at their house. 

Sitting inside doing legal shit (FUCK CANCER) but it sure is nice to hear. 

heading back to the Triple 6 tomorrow and wondering how many low water crossings I am going to run into. Was planning on heading to the Lake Palestine area and getting a place to crash for a night. Might head down 281 instead. (FUCK IH35).