Shits going down with the Royals

Zombie

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/08/prince-harry-and-meghan-say-they-are-stepping-back-from-royal-family

Prince Harry and Meghan to step back from royal family

Duke and Duchess of Sussex say they intend to ‘work to become financially independent’

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are to step back from senior roles in the royal family and work towards financial self-sufficiency after a period marked by open warfare with the media over claimed intrusion and bullying.

It is understood that no other royal was consulted before the decision was announced on Wednesday evening, and Buckingham Palace was disappointed by the news.

Prince Harry and Meghan plan to split their time between the UK and North America, the continent of her birth, as they raise their son, Archie.

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution,” the couple said an official statement released on Wednesday.

Apparently it's a big deal across the pond. I don't know why the Brits care so much what a guy 6th in line to the crown does with his life and his hot wife.  

I like how the umpire gives no fucks and doesn't back down or flinch at all. Umpire was a big ol boy. Now that I watch the video closely it looks like Brett runs up there hot then realizes how much bigger than him that dude is and latches on to whoever is around to hold him back. 

I knew that American chick wasn't going to last under all that "proper Brit" scrutiny. Knowing American broads the way we do you know her entitled ass is running that show and she gave him an ultimatum to move to the US at least half the time or else. You know those Brit bitches like the queen and the other brother's wife hate the shit out of her. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I like how the umpire gives no fucks and doesn't back down or flinch at all. Umpire was a big ol boy. Now that I watch the video closely it looks like Brett runs up there hot then realizes how much bigger than him that dude is and latches on to whoever is around to hold him back. 

I knew that American chick wasn't going to last under all that "proper Brit" scrutiny. Knowing American broads the way we do you know her entitled ass is running that show and she gave him an ultimatum to move to the US at least half the time or else. You know those Brit bitches like the queen and the other brother's wife hate the shit out of her. 

Umpire was Tim McClelland 

A "royal" from the U.S. wants to spend more time in the U.S.  Somehow that's got Americans talking.

A "royal" raped/molested teenage girls on Epstein's watch, and then Jeffrey goes and "kills himself" (coughbullshitcough), and nobody this side of the pond says a word

My favorite part is how Buckingham Palace had no idea. I'm pretty sure "the Palace is understood to be disappointed" is the British way of saying "The Queen is going to put out a hit on Meghan and then shit on her grave."

I don't follow the royals closely but even at a glance it's obvious that the British press has been brutal to her, and it's gotten even worse since this announcement. Who can blame them for wanting to back out of the limelight? And it's not like they are giving up their titles or anything. They're still going to do stuff for the queen; just not as much. Everyone across the pond needs to take it down a notch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, austingirl said:

My favorite part is how Buckingham Palace had no idea. I'm pretty sure "the Palace is understood to be disappointed" is the British way of saying "The Queen is going to put out a hit on Meghan and then shit on her grave."

I don't follow the royals closely but even at a glance it's obvious that the British press has been brutal to her, and it's gotten even worse since this announcement. Who can blame them for wanting to back out of the limelight? And it's not like they are giving up their titles or anything. They're still going to do stuff for the queen; just not as much. Everyone across the pond needs to take it down a notch.

She wants to sell purses and her clothing line damnit!!  Purses!!!!!  Think about all the $$.  Think about the children...working in a factory to make them.  

22 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They’re leaving shitty weather, bad food, and judgement from grandma for being celebrities in LA.

I read this is Dennis Farrina’s voice and then caught myself saying out loud to myself in my car, “yeah, don’t go to London.”

21 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They’re not backing out of the spotlight.  They’re moving to America to become American Royalty (celebrities).  They’ve already trademarked “Sussex Royals.”

They’re leaving shitty weather, bad food, and judgement from grandma for being celebrities in LA.

Yep. Why take crap from reporters with bad teeth when you can come here and make millions. The "limelight" is just an excuse. And Americans are morons, so naturally women will eat this up. Hallmark channel, oprah, etc. 

• Like 1

I find it amusing that we slag the Brits for royal-worship when we engage in idle idol worship with great regularity.  In some cases, the idols have earned some celebrity, but then there are the Kardashians.  Our idol worship actually enriches these unworthies.

At least the royals mostly keep their yaps shut except for matters eleemosynary.  And they usually get some education and do actual public service.

Glass houses n shit.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I find it ironic that we slag the Brits for royal-worship when we engage in idle idol worship with great regularity.  In some cases, the idols have earned some celebrity, but then there are the Kardashians.

At least the royals mostly keep their yaps shut except for matters eleemosynary.

Glass houses n shit.

My wife is British and she and her mother are pretty, prettayy angry right now about this whole thing. But she's also lived in America for 25 years. So yeah, she's almost certainly going to swear off all things Megan and whatever the prince's name is, and then follow them obsessively and bitch to me about them constantly. I don't get it on either side of the pond (shout out to @Cajun ), but it's definitely a thing. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

she asked him to compromise? that entitled American bitch! 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My wife is British 

Someone married you?

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I just wanted to chime in and say the terms, "The Pond" and "Natty" make me ragey.

Right up there with San Antone, Nawlins, and Frisco.

Ok, carry on fellas.

What's so rage-inducing about the Home of the Fightin Coons?

1493983089-NP_15MASCOT3_24766_3025450.JP

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I find it amusing that we slag the Brits for royal-worship when we engage in idle idol worship with great regularity.  In some cases, the idols have earned some celebrity, but then there are the Kardashians.  Our idol worship actually enriches these unworthies.

At least the royals mostly keep their yaps shut except for matters eleemosynary.  And they usually get some education and do actual public service.

Glass houses n shit.

You see any popular Kardashians threads around here? If I'm wrong and they actually exist then I'm glad I never spend time on whatever subforum I've apparently missed so far.

This royal family stuff is dumb and un-American. Kardashian and other celebrity worship is dumb and all too American.

5 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Why in the world does anyone care is what I can’t figure out.

This is living theatre 

These people are actual living representations of their countries. Also, the royal family is the keystone of world wide charity and literally have heavy influence over Trillions of dollars. They are still the culture example for all of western civilization. Also, good parts of countries like Canada, Australia, South Africa and India still have a favorable view of the monarchy.

Not to mention the fact that Harry is the actual bastard black sheep of Diana who's disconnection and family feud with the Royal Family was awesome in many ways.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You see any popular Kardashians threads around here? If I'm wrong and they actually exist then I'm glad I never spend time on whatever subforum I've apparently missed so far.

This royal family stuff is dumb and un-American. Kardashian and other celebrity worship is dumb and all too American.

There are a shit-ton of Americans who worship British Royals.

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

This is living theatre 

These people are actual living representations of their countries. Also, the royal family is the keystone of world wide charity and literally have heavy influence over Trillions of dollars. They are still the culture example for all of western civilization. Also, good parts of countries like Canada, Australia, South Africa and India still have a favorable view of the monarchy.

Not to mention the fact that Harry is the actual bastard black sheep of Diana who's disconnection and family feud with the Royal Family was awesome in many ways.

Not to mention turning 14 yr old girls into "women".

amirite?

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My wife is British and she and her mother are pretty, prettayy angry right now about this whole thing. But she's also lived in America for 25 years. So yeah, she's almost certainly going to swear off all things Megan and whatever the prince's name is, and then follow them obsessively and bitch to me about them constantly. I don't get it on either side of the pond (shout out to @Cajun ), but it's definitely a thing. 

There's a thread for that <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

As a rule, Americans worship "New Money" and detest "Old Money"

Glass houses n shit.

Hey, at least our “royals” will fuck on tape!! Have you ever seen a video of Kate blowing and fucking some dude? Exactly. God Bless the USA!

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Must be a helluva tune fish sandwich to walk away from all that. 

42 minutes ago, baboso said:

That chick must have God pussy.

Her: "Honey, I want you to give up your royal family and your princely life so we can move to LA so I can run a fashion line and be the Kardashians without the sex tapes* and maybe make a tv show every now and then."

Him: "Ok."

#Undefeated. Even a prince can't defeat it.

*that we know of

Edited by Dutch
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Correct. There are lots of morons in America, we've been over this.

I wasn't correcting you, just flashing back to my ruined vacation with the wife and in-laws in Key Allegro when Diana took the dirt nap.

Brutal

14 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Cannot wait to score some Sussex Royals gear. Don't get me wrong, but she ain't that hot. Definitely not hot enough to do whatever she wants because she wants to have a "career."

I agree on the hotness. I’m holding with he’s always wanted out and she’s the perfect escape