Shits going down with the Royals

Zombie

36 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

could also be it's the closest they'll come to feeling like they earned their status.

Yeah, I would consider that part of it.  I do remember that Harry (I think) was actually in a combat unit in Afghanistan, but they pulled him because they got intel that the hajis knew and were trying to take him out for publicity.  He was mad about it.

One thing that's weird, as noted above, they get to circulate among the branches pretty freely.  RN, RAF, Army, etc. and often get prized training (aviation) and billets without necessarily earning it.

I'm still relatively flabbergasted that Sandhurst and the other academies are less than a year.  Some go after getting a degree elsewhere (William), and some go straight out of "high school" (Harry) but they have to have pretty decent A-levels.

Churchill's only education was Sandhurst.  It may have been more of a college back then, though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

Prince Philip was determined that Charles be sent to boarding school to "toughen him up".  I don't think they get any special treatment from the military and all have served.

"During Charles' service window, the UK saw a number of shooting conflicts, most notably the Falklands War with Argentina and The Troubles, a military occupation of Northern Ireland. He saw action in neither conflict.

While the Prince of Wales didn't see combat duty, he still trained vigorously with the members of units to which he was attached. He has trained in undersea warfare and commanded a Royal Navy Destroyer and has learned to fly helicopters and twin-engine jet fighters with the RAF. Charles also successfully completed the parachute regiment's jump training at an age much older than the average recruit."

Bold underlined for the lulz

14 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Story about the princess- allegedly she is high maintenance and has scars on her feet from a bunion removal so we know wulaw is not Rex Ryan.

As an aside, what's the deal with British papers and subheadlines?  They basically put the entire story in the subheadlines and then repeat the story again in a different format only adding a couple of small details.

Pics for Wulaw

Yeah, nasty feet, WNB 

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Meghan is hot but not hot enough to throw away that lifestyle. (And she sounds certifiable.)

It doesn't sound like they'll be hurting for money exactly, but it raises the question "how much is enough"?  

And they're freed from various royal obligations, which I am sure can be seen as a job and maybe kind of an onerous one.  Then again, a job is a good thing, really, when you are set up to be the idle rich.  That probably increases the appeal of military service for the males, as a way to get away from the constant appearances and whatnot.

It seems kind of strange to me that she would be such a diva, given her background and that she has a good education.

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It doesn't sound like they'll be hurting for money exactly, but it raises the question "how much is enough"?  

And they're freed from various royal obligations, which I am sure can be seen as a job and maybe kind of an onerous one.  Then again, a job is a good thing, really, when you are set up to be the idle rich.  That probably increases the appeal of military service for the males, as a way to get away from the constant appearances and whatnot.

It seems kind of strange to me that she would be such a diva, given her background and that she has a good education.

She’s ridiculously hot. That supersedes everything. Everyone her entire life everyone has been amazed by her beauty and treated her accordingly I’d wager. It doesn’t set one up to be an empathetic human being. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

She’s ridiculously hot. That supersedes everything. Everyone her entire life everyone has been amazed by her beauty and treated her accordingly I’d wager. It doesn’t set one up to be an empathetic human being. 

First off, we've established that her hotness is limited.

Second, her child and teen photos are, well, not hot.  Barely cute.

Mixed-race, single mother, not wealthy, must have worked fairly hard to get into Northwestern, which is a bit of a geek school.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Meghan isn’t even the best looking woman in the royal family (or on Suits, for that matter), let alone the world.

she's like a pflugerville 3... but i'd defo give kate and pippa some royal issues if i were so commanded

19 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think I mentioned it earlier but she's exhibiting classic cluster B personality disorder symptoms.  In my unprofessional opinion, it's a mix of narcissistic personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder.  Psychiatrists aren't sure what causes it but think it's a little bit of genetics and a lot of fucked up family upbringing, which she seems to fit.

Source- am not a trained professional but researched the shit out if it after I married into a whole family of cluster b.

2 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I think I mentioned it earlier but she's exhibiting classic cluster B personality disorder symptoms.  In my unprofessional opinion, it's a mix of narcissistic personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder.  Psychiatrists aren't sure what causes it but think it's a little bit of genetics and a lot of fucked up family upbringing, which she seems to fit.

Source- am not a trained professional but researched the shit out if it after I married into a whole family of cluster b.

Cluster B  huh ?  You mean women ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Mixed-race, single mother, not wealthy, must have worked fairly hard to get into Northwestern, which is a bit of a geek school.

with a resumé like that, Northwestern would fall over themselves to snatch her up if her test score made the cut  

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 9:21 AM, Doc Reeves said:

with a resumé like that, Northwestern would fall over themselves to snatch her up if her test score made the cut  

True enough.  I still don't think she has anything in her background that necessarily accounts for her being a diva.

30 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Harry sold his matched set of Purdey rifles b/c she doesn't like hunting.

Damn...........

Think about what a control move this is. 

If she was truly against hunting wouldn't she want him to keep the guns but privately ask him not to use them?  Selling them just gets them in the hands of someone that will actually use them to kill animals. 

So she gets to assert her dominance publicly, gets 50k pounds to spend and gets kudos from her animal rights friends for her wokeness.  Perfect outcome for her.

• Like 2

My best friend's wife controls him like Megan seemingly controls Harry.  It's sad to watch, but my buddy likes it for some reason.  I can't figure it out.  Some dudes like being told what to do in every facet of their lives, I guess.

You think he's the type that only calls his friends when he's out of the house or his wife is away? I have a couple of buddies like that. Every time he calls me, he's at 7-11 or going to the store. He knows she'll give him the stinkeye if he calls from home, so he has to wait until he's alone because he doesn't want to hear her bitch. I couldn't live like that. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

200.gif

Women are a dime a dozen for a guy like Harry....shit..... for any guy with pulse and a wallet.

You never get "YOUR" Purdeys back.

That should have been exhibit #1 when she asked him why her shit was in garbage bags on the manicured lawn in front of the manor.

He should go vegan or whatever they call themselves these days and forbid her from wearing leather or animal skin of any kind....animal cruelty and such.

He doesn't hunt game.....she doesn't hunt fashion.

No Miu Miu shoes, no Birkin bags, no Fendi luggage.

"Polyester, cotton, and plastic for you my dearest! For the sake of the poor animals, right?"

Edited by Reagan1k
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Women are a dime a dozen for a guy like Harry....shit..... for any guy with pulse and a wallet.

You never get "YOUR" Purdeys back.

That should have been exhibit #1 when she asked him why her shit was in garbage bags on the manicured lawn in from of the manor.

He should go vegan or whatever they call themselves these days and forbid her from wearing leather or animal skin of any kind....animal cruelty and such.

He doesn't hunt game.....she doesn't hunt fashion.

No Miu Miu shoes, no Birkin bags, no Fendi luggage.

"Polyester, cotton, and plastic for you my dearest! For the sake of the poor animals, right?"

If you can afford a matched set of bespoke Purdeys, you can find another dime piece that wouldn't be such a bitch about your hobbies. Hell, if you scroll my IG explorer there's about 1,000 women hotter than her that love the outdoors. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...