Shits going down with the Royals

Zombie

The 'funding' section of their website is pretty great. Basically - "Our Monarchy-related expenses, including our current UK living arrangements, are covered by the Queen, Dad and the UK taxpayer. We're looking forward to making assloads of $$$ in our new endeavors, but those specific expenses will still be covered by the Queen, Dad and the UK taxpayer."

https://sussexroyal.com/funding/

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

He’s not going to start a business as most people think of a business. They probably already have a foundation established and they will choose, or have chosen, a worthy cause for the foundation and they will raise a lot of money. They will live extraordinarily well.

This.

90% of people don't know how extraordinarily rich American celebrities are.  Twenty years ago they didn't do many domestic endorsements for various reasons.  They'd go overseas to do that.  It's different now.  Just one famous female celebrity can make $30M a year doing on endorsement for a cosmetics brand.  Jennifer Anniston makes trash movies but that's only she can stay relevant and make $50M to $100M per year in endorsements.  She's been doing that for 10 years.  Combines that with Friends residuals and she's easily made $500M over the past decade.  (Marble would be perfect for the cosmetic category is if she isn't fielding offers from multiple brands, she will be soon.)  The Kardashians are vapid and useless but they've created a river of money that will last another decade at least.  Even Jennifer Garner prolly makes $5M per year just on those Capital One ads.  

Oprah will create a seat on the money train for Megan.  Prince Valium doesn't have to do anything.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Also, Megan is a completely insufferable cunt who hasn't earned and doesn't deserve her wealth while looking down her nose at peple despite having almost no actual accomplishments to her name. 

She should be absolutely perfect for America 

Exactly.  I can think of 10 brands this afternoon that would pay her $10M+ per year.  

24 minutes ago, smuggs said:

The 'funding' section of their website is pretty great. Basically - "Our Monarchy-related expenses, including our current UK living arrangements, are covered by the Queen, Dad and the UK taxpayer. We're looking forward to making assloads of $$$ in our new endeavors, but those specific expenses will still be covered by the Queen, Dad and the UK taxpayer."

https://sussexroyal.com/funding/

Best part of this:

Why did The Duke and Duchess move to Windsor as their Official Residence?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex chose to move to Windsor for various reasons. Their previous residence of Nottingham Cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace could not accommodate their growing family.

Right — there is no way that merely _part_ of Kensington Palace could accommodate a family of three. You see, they just dealt with hardship the same way everyone else does. By moving into a separate palace. Their struggle really reflects the experience of the common man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Also, Megan is a completely insufferable cunt who hasn't earned and doesn't deserve her wealth while looking down her nose at peple despite having almost no actual accomplishments to her name. 

How do y'all know so much about these people.? From the outside looking in I know nothing about this last except she was on a successful tv show and that since this stuff started all I've seen is people constantly giving her shit, including this board.  Seems she knows every damn body. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rantanamo said:

How do y'all know so much about these people.? From the outside looking in I know nothing about this last except she was on a successful tv show and that since this stuff started all I've seen is people constantly giving her shit, including this board.  Seems she knows every damn body. 

This isn't quite a secret. 

People in Europe care more about this chick than Americans care about the Kardashians here. A lot more.

You might want to research the whole British Tabloid thing a bit. Its not like "I had an alien Baby", Its more like paying cleaning women at hotels to get strands of Prince Harrys hair so they can do a DNA test, hacking computers and paying ridiculous sums for verifiable info. 

No one who is connected with the Price likes this chick and evidently for good reason. Not Royals, Prince Harry's friends, servants at their multiple estates, the crew of the Queens yacht- literally no one. This gives the tabloids a lot of embarrassing and unfortunately for her, true info and to a very, very critical public.

To say it in American :  Bitch think she Beyoncé but she 'aint. 

Edited by Doc Reeves

6 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

This isn't quite a secret. 

People in Europe care more about this chick than Americans care about the Kardashians here. A lot more.

You might want to research the whole British Tabloid thing a bit. Its not like "I had an alien Baby", Its more like paying cleaning women at hotels to get strands of Prince Harrys hair so they can do a DNA test, hacking computers and paying ridiculous sums for verifiable info. 

No one who is connected with the Price likes this chick and evidently for good reason. Not Royals, Prince Harry's friends, servants at their multiple estates, the crew of the Queens yacht- literally no one. This gives the tabloids a lot of embarrassing and unfortunately for her, true info and to a very, very critical public.

To say it in American :  Bitch think she Beyoncé but she 'aint. 

In her defense, though, the British press and the royal family both have always seemed like a bunch of twats.

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

In her defense, though, the British press and the royal family both have always seemed like a bunch of twats.

What happens when a very old money set of painfully white aristocratic twats meets a slightly brown nouveau riche twat?  

See the hijinx ensue on this season's maddest new comedy, "Look Who's Coming to Dinner:  Buckingham Palace Edition!"

31 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Jesus. I know we joke about celebrities, but an "insufferable cunt who hasn't earned and doesn't deserve her wealth"? Why do you think this? I mean, she's no Oscar winner but she's worth about $5M on her own from various acting gigs. She was raised by a single mom and has a degree from Northwestern. She's spoken out for years (much longer than she's been with Harry and well before she was famous) about gender equality and women's rights - look at this article about how she was profiled on a kids' news channel as a child. 

Along with their standard vitriolic treatment of celebrities they don't like, the British tabloid press has been unabashedly racist in much of their coverage of her. Look at this Daily Mail article as one example, from when they had just started dating. I mean, this is just the headline:

EXCLUSIVE: Harry's girl is (almost) straight outta Compton: Gang-scarred home of her mother revealed - so will he be dropping by for tea?

Just looking at this thread there's a lot of evidence why their decision to step back and spend half their time in North America isn't just to be celebrities here. Her mom lives here and they have a baby who, I'm guessing, they don't want raised where all he's going to hear is how his mom is a money-grubbing whore who only cares about wealth and fame. 

• Like 4

On 1/9/2020 at 9:19 AM, Huckleberry said:

giphy.gif

We fought a war so I wouldn't have to even ignore threads about this kind of shit on my favorite American message boards. That was literally in the Declaration of Independence.

LITERALLY

Yet you post in every thread mentioning them.

2 hours ago, austingirl said:

Jesus. I know we joke about celebrities, but an "insufferable cunt who hasn't earned and doesn't deserve her wealth"? Why do you think this? I mean, she's no Oscar winner but she's worth about $5M on her own from various acting gigs. She was raised by a single mom and has a degree from Northwestern. She's spoken out for years (much longer than she's been with Harry and well before she was famous) about gender equality and women's rights - look at this article about how she was profiled on a kids' news channel as a child. 

Along with their standard vitriolic treatment of celebrities they don't like, the British tabloid press has been unabashedly racist in much of their coverage of her. Look at this Daily Mail article as one example, from when they had just started dating. I mean, this is just the headline:

Just looking at this thread there's a lot of evidence why their decision to step back and spend half their time in North America isn't just to be celebrities here. Her mom lives here and they have a baby who, I'm guessing, they don't want raised where all he's going to hear is how his mom is a money-grubbing whore who only cares about wealth and fame. 

This is the price of being a Monarch, which is a archaic and sexist principal in it of itself. Quite frankly if she wasn't up for the job she shouldn't have applied. 

But this is the game, she is truly meaningless in all of this. This is the Prince taking someone he knows will piss off his parents whom he will never be able to please. Shes just a pawn and is being treated as such.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Best part of this:

Why did The Duke and Duchess move to Windsor as their Official Residence?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex chose to move to Windsor for various reasons. Their previous residence of Nottingham Cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace could not accommodate their growing family.

Right — there is no way that merely _part_ of Kensington Palace could accommodate a family of three. You see, they just dealt with hardship the same way everyone else does. By moving into a separate palace. Their struggle really reflects the experience of the common man.

I also enjoyed the explanation of the low yearly cost to the UK taxpayer and the ROI of the British royal family. 

Look, I know Harry and Meghan do good humanitarian work. Harry has committed to helping veterans in particular and I think that’s great. Dude actually served which is more than a lot of us can say. 

But trying to rationalize your existence by explaining away the minutiae of your financial arrangement within the royal family on a slick new website isn’t the best look. People realize that you are privileged. Some people have a problem with it, others don’t. Why give a fuck? Just stay out there and keep doing the good work.

Jeez. The principal you missing here is that she actually owes the English People something. She seems to think its the other way around. 

Shes embarrassing herself and the US. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Jeez. The principal you missing here is that she actually owes the English People something. She seems to think its the other way around. 

Honestly, every person in this whole thing looks like a complete cunt except the Queen and PoW.

15 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

This is the price of being a Monarch, which is a archaic and sexist principal in it of itself. Quite frankly if she wasn't up for the job she shouldn't have applied. 

But this is the game, she is truly meaningless in all of this. This is the Prince taking someone he knows will piss off his parents whom he will never be able to please. Shes just a pawn and is being treated as such.

How does any of this make her an insufferable cunt?

Agreed. A hereditary head of state and royalty is a silly thing to have in this day and age, but they have it. Title comes with a state function to go with legal and ethical obligations. There’s one way to get out of it, which is to fully abdicate all title, and all income and property associated with the title.

You can’t just “step back” from a Dukedom. That’s like “stepping back” from Vice President or Parade Grand Marshall. Either be it or don’t be it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Agreed. A hereditary head of state and royalty is a silly thing to have in this day and age, but they have it. Title comes with a state function to go with legal and ethical obligations. There’s one way to get out of it, which is to fully abdicate all title, and all income and property associated with the title.

You can’t just “step back” from a Dukedom. That’s like “stepping back” from Vice President or Parade Grand Marshall. Either be it or don’t be it.

Yup. 

She\They want to come back stateside and play celebrity and ignore their duties and obligations. That's cool, you just cant be Royal then.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Amazon or Apple could Easily throw silly money her

A good agent could put various deals to get her $30M per year and that doesn’t include acting if she wants to do that again.  That might bring in an additional $8 to $10M per picture.

They’re wanting to brand that Sussex Royal thing into merchandising and I’m not due how much that will bring in.  Depends on the product.

She’s tight with Oprah, who is the queen of brand management and revenue streams.

When you think about it, she’d be foolish to stay in London for a whole list of reasons.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

a four part amazon series on ‘the move’ would crush web viewer numbers 

Sure, but like I said, they would revoke his title if they actually showed any family stuff. And if they don't show any personal side, then what product does Amazon have?

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

there's a reason the kardashians are worth a gazillion dollars. 

at least megan didn't fuck her way to being famous.  wait, let me rephrase that. at least megan didn't release a sex tape to kick start her path to being famous, yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seriously, where are you seeing what a horrible person she is everyone she sees as beneath her?

I would thumb thru the Sun. But if articles don't come up for you in search there's a chance they took them down until the lawsuit with MM is settled. The real issue here is this is a soap opera created by the editors of these tabloids some with personal vendettas against the Royals. Some Brits just hate all royals but most don't give a shit other than entertainment. By reporting these tensions and embarrassing episodes it creates clicks. So MM is acting like a polite American, but at 'brat' in terms of Aristocracy. They pump it up, over blow it and poke her until she does something they can pounce on. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9525600/meghan-markle-needs-stop-whining-about-royal-life/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9123107/meghan-markle-is-not-popular-in-lots-of-posh-social-circles-because-she-thinks-shes-running-the-show-claims-royal-author/

Edited by Doc Reeves

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I would thumb thru the Sun. But if articles don't come up for you in search there's a chance they took them down until the lawsuit with MM is settled. The real issue here is this is a soap opera created by the editors of these tabloids some with personal vendettas against the Royals. Some Brits just hate all royals but most don't give a shit other than entertainment. By reporting these tensions and embarrassing episodes it creates clicks. So MM is acting like a polite American, but at 'brat' in terms of Aristocracy. They pump it up, over blow it and poke her until she does something they can pounce on. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9525600/meghan-markle-needs-stop-whining-about-royal-life/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9123107/meghan-markle-is-not-popular-in-lots-of-posh-social-circles-because-she-thinks-shes-running-the-show-claims-royal-author/

Look, I'm sure she's acted snotty to someone at some point but using the Sun as your source of evidence for proving someone's character is ridiculous. Of course every tabloid out there is going to make drama. "Harry's wife is amazing!" is not a headline that sells.

Besides all this, most of y'all are acting like this whole thing was Meghan's idea when even a cursory glance through the tubes shows that Harry has never been completely on board with living the life of a royal. He didn't ask for it, and for everyone's comments about how she needs to deal because she knew what she was getting into, Harry didn't. The heir and the spare, and all that. Being with an American gives him a perfect excuse to back out of some of the limelight.

I don't know, I just can't get up in arms about someone wanting to do their own thing and leave the family business. And to that point, to those saying you can't be a duke part-time, it would be SO MUCH WORSE if they actually gave up their titles. Ever since Diana, the British monarchy has been slowly moving away from tradition. This whole thing looks to me like another example of that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yup. 

She\They want to come back stateside and play celebrity and ignore their duties and obligations. That's cool, you just cant be Royal then.

Well, their great-granduncle did after he abdicated.

Edited by Armybrat

8 minutes ago, austingirl said:

He is - he has HRH in his title. He is not in the direct line of succession, though. All of Will and Kate's kids would have to die before he would ascend. Assuming Elizabeth ever dies.

I meant more in the "he's not really Charles' son way" not a royal.

• Like 1

He's not the son of Charles & Diana?  Had no idea, I always thought he was one of "them".  By them, I mean a grandson of cousin fuckers.  He seems nice enough, but I can't wait for all monarchies to die on this planet so women with low self esteem can move on to higher endeavors, like ball gargling.