John Beilein or bust

Goo Punch

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I don't know who you guys think we're capable of getting, but Turgeon would be as good of a hire as pretty much any other realistic candidate. We aren't hiring anyone who's won a title, and we're probably not even hiring anyone who's even been to an Elite 8. Hiring a guy who has proven that he can win at a major D-1 level is as good as we can hope for, and there isn't some long and distinguished list of available candidates who fit that bill. Turgeon, Musselman, Howland, etc- this is most likely the class of coach we will be choosing from. Sucks, but it's what's out there. 

So, "bust"?

10 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

And it starts.  I looked at contracts yesterday and shakas contract ending in 3 years was on the low side.  His agent will be all over cdc wanting an extension as soon as the season is over.  I hope cdc has a brain.  

People would burn the city to the fucking ground. He’s much more likely to get fired than an extension. 

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

A good buddy is fairly wired into the Maryland program, and he says they’re not too happy with the guy. Didn’t say why. 

What? I've said why.  He's underperformed most of his tenure, has an absolute trash offensive system, and his record in March is ATROCIOUS. 

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

What? I've said why.  He's underperformed most of his tenure, has an absolute trash offensive system, and his record in March is ATROCIOUS. 

Sorry I was unclear. I meant my friend didn’t detail exactly why they’re unhappy with the guy. I mean, other than the fact he’s not a great coach....