Mike Leach to the SEC (Mississippi St)

Hiphopopotamos

Great news. Would love to see leach win in the vaunted SEC with that big 12 air raid offense.

Also agree that Jimbo is gonna be the the richest loser in the country for the next decade. Bama, LSU already made aggy their bitch. Hopefully the Mississippi schools can do the same.

And yes this is a step up from Wazzu

1 minute ago, LTbear said:

So once again, we get to watch the Pirate crush Aggy's dream every year. 

Glorious. 

They're already terrified. I guarantee it.

Remember when aggy's bus got "vandalized" in Lubbock with stink bait and they made it out to be an international incident? Claimed it was actual shit. Leach hasn't forgotten.

• Like 2

I can understand the move, I think the writing was on the wall for his stay in Wazzu, he's taken it as far as it will go unfortunately given the size of the school the available funding and the remote location. Moving to the SEC and into prime recruiting territory is a step up. 

Also as mentioned don't discount the huge reduction in travel time to Key West. Travelling in and out of Pullman is not a quick task 

• Like 1

Such a weird move, but ok. Pirate vs. Freshwater will be a fun rivalry. I wonder if there was any Leach-Baylor interest? He'd have an annual opportunity to stick it to Tech at Baylor, and his players could fuck all the fat little girlfriends they want (with or without consent).

13 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They're already terrified. I guarantee it.

Remember when aggy's bus got "vandalized" in Lubbock with stink bait and they made it out to be an international incident? Claimed it was actual shit. Leach hasn't forgotten.

That was after Leach's time at Tech.  Typical aggy bullshit, though - that's for sure.  They have a lot to answer for.

here is his jab at the corps turds

How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandana. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that.

and aggy fan

A&M wants to rip on our fans and all that. Our fans are as good as their fans are. One thing our fans don't do is sit around and whine about other teams' fans. Why don't they worry about what themselves are like?

It's interesting to me that all these Aggies — whether they're at A&M or here — are sitting around with halos over their heads, and they have some divine expertise on fanmanship. I just don't believe that's the case. For the record, I think our fans are better than the Aggie fans.

and a shit ton more Leachisms

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/28/15024328/mike-leach-quotes-best-funniest-washington-state-head-coach 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Love it, but I have no idea why he wants out of Washington State so bad?  Wasn't he close to leaving last offseason?  

U Sirius, Clark?  A guy with a house in Key West may not be big on winters near Canada.  And he just cut the commercial flight time to Key West from 12 hours to 4 (though an hour longer drive to the airport.)   Easier recruiting in several ways.  Finally gets to prove his system against the myth of the SEC having the best defenses.  Will be one of the last states to adopt sword control laws.  And likes more cowbell.

13 minutes ago, number6 said:

Didn't he like drop 70 on  A$M ?

We put up 70+ on Nebraska once during the Leach era.  You might be thinking of that one.

We did however beat aggy 59-28 in '03 and 56-17 in '05 (both in Lubbock).  That '05 game was our biggest ever margin of victory over aggy.

Edited by Dirk X West

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

And he just cut the commercial flight time to Key West from 12 hours to 4 (though an hour longer drive to the airport.) 

Pretty sure even Stark Vegas has an airport that could handle a booster's airplane to get him back to Key West, I hope he isn't flying commercial.

Edited by relapse98

Here's how a typical Leach Schedule will go:

MSU schedule 2020

L - New Mexico

W - NC State

W - Arkansas

W - Texas A&M

L - Alabama

L - LSU

W - Missouri

W - Kentucky

L - Alabama A&M

W - Ole Miss

(5 - 2)  6 - 4 

Good times. 

Tailgating at the Grove is on of my College Football Todo list.   This might be the year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

here is his jab at the corps turds

and aggy fan

and a shit ton more Leachisms

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/28/15024328/mike-leach-quotes-best-funniest-washington-state-head-coach 

Love him or hate him, Leach is good for cfb.  And if you hate him, you're a fucking loser. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

We put up 70+ on Nebraska once during the Leach era.  You might be thinking of that one.

We did however beat aggy 59-28 in '03 and 56-17 in '05 (both in Lubbock).  That '05 game was our biggest ever margin of victory over aggy.

Yeah, that 2005 game was a pretty impressive victory over Kirk Herbstreit's preseason pick for 2005 Big 12 South champions. No, really.

Edited by Huckleberry