Mike Leach to the SEC (Mississippi St)

Hiphopopotamos

3 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Love it, but I have no idea why he wants out of Washington State so bad?  Wasn't he close to leaving last offseason?  

because Washington state is in the middle of nowhere. The closest thing around there is Moscow, ID which was recently named the best place in the US to raise a family. Lots of nothing out that way.

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

because Washington state is in the middle of nowhere. The closest thing around there is Moscow, ID which was recently named the best place in the US to raise a family. Lots of nothing out that way.

CSB: My father ended up in Pullman, WA to do graduate school after immigrating to America. He needed to do some shopping and nearly shit his pants when he was told to go to Moscow to secure goods and supplies. Then he was informed of Moscow's true location and he exclaimed something to the extent of "Oh thank God. Moscow. I just got to America."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yep, I can't imagine how hard it is to recruit city kids to Pullman. 

I guess Leach had enough of the Lake and the Huskies basically owning him. Lake and the Huskies D called out Leach in the last two beatings that Leach's O is the same year over year and easy to defend and beat. Plus Leach got bitch ass on reporters after this years loss. I guess he and the state of Washington wore thin on each other.

I wonder how many SEC DCs will be giving Lake a call. Lake seems to have no love loss for Leach.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I, for one, am going to take great pleasure in seeing you struggle to root for Kiffin versus Leach. Everyone on Surly should be going Hail State!

Oh I won't struggle with it. State's still State. I'll love watching him be a banana skin for all those self-important douchebags in the rest of the SEC West, though.

Sucks to be a program like Miss State where if you do luck out and get a good young coach it is just a stepping stone to a better program.  It is almost better to get a guy like Leach who will probably stick around while giving you 7-6 seasons and if you are lucky a 10-3 season that one good year.

• Like 1

i mean, can you imagine what media days are going to be like?  i am trying to imagine orgeron, jimbo, and leach all trying to have a conversation and understand each other.  throw freshwater in there and sam pittman is going to show up like "what the fuck did i just get myself into?"

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Surprised Baylor didn't make a huge offer to him and gonna love the aggy tears.

Not sure if Leach is passed his prime but just to watch the sec scramble I hope he isn't.

Doesn’t he have some beef about working in the state of texas, that’s tied to his lawsuit with tech?  Self imposed or otherwise?

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Has Leach ever coached against Navy? Because if not then I want to know why not. And I insist, nay DEMAND, that Mississippi State schedule a home-and-home against Navy as soon as possible.

Yes, you don't remember the "bomb blowing up" celebration at the Texas (?) Bowl several years back?

Edit -- It was the 2003 Houston Bowl

spacer.png

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yes, you don't remember the "bomb blowing up" celebration at the Texas (?) Bowl several years back?

Edit -- It was the 2003 Houston Bowl

spacer.png

Back to this, it was in really poor taste, but pretty damned funny in a juvenile way. It was flagged and heavily criticized at the time.

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Doesn’t he have some beef about working in the state of texas, that’s tied to his lawsuit with tech?  Self imposed or otherwise?

Has nothing to do with a private school [the afore mentioned baylor] (that receives state funding). It has to do with public schools in Texas being able to hide behind sovereign immunity and getting to decide who sues them, unless the legislature steps in. It's all self imposed because he's butt hurt over his lawsuit.

Of course, he's using Dolcefino Consulting, the same regards harassing the Houston Rodeo.

Edited by relapse98