Mike Leach to the SEC (Mississippi St)

Hiphopopotamos

9 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

And what was his record at Wazzou vs their record before him. 

Mike Price won two conference championships at WSU, played in two Rose Bowls. Mike Leach is no Mike Price. 

Remember RichRod's tenure at Arizona? I predict Leach's tenure in Starkville will follow a similar track. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

4 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

Lubbock, Corvallis, Starkville.  Leach definitely has a type.  

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

I'm not so sure it's Leach who has that type, more like that type has it for Leach.

Yeah, lets pretend Lubbock, Pullman and Starkville are all the same and forget about the fact Lubbock is literally 10 times bigger than the other two.

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Mike Price won two conference championships at WSU, played in two Rose Bowls. Mike Leach is no Mike Price. 

Remember RichRod's tenure at Arizona? I predict Leach's tenure in Starkville will follow a similar track. 

It's rolling! Franchione's replacement at Alabama never coached a single game there. Quite the shame too.

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'll take the over.  He's a good cultural fit and a fan favorite.  All he has to do is beat Kiffen straight up with the same level of talent.  My money is on the Pirate

2 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

October 3. 

I swear, it will be glorious if Leach is able to beat them. I doubt he will the first year, but OMG if he does. The only thing that would make it better is if they were playing in BCS this year. 

53 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Game is @ Mississippi State 

I must not have missed that somewhere. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Aside from the aggy lulz, it's a really interesting hire to me.  I always took MSU fans for reactionary, angry, inbred folks who long for the days when football was played by "tough guys" and scores were in the 6-3 range.  

Even the most diehard SEC Neanderthals have realized that modern offenses that evolved from the Big 12 are necessary to win at the highest levels. Look no further than LSU’s 46-41 win over Bama this year. The “SEC defense” meme of 2006-2013 was always 100% bullshit. When everyone in the conference runs the ball between the tackles 65% of the time, it’s not hard to play “elite” defense with a couple of 350 lb DT and 265 lb MLB.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Even the most diehard SEC Neanderthals have realized that modern offenses that evolved from the Big 12 are necessary to win at the highest levels. Look no further than LSU’s 46-41 win over Bama this year. The “SEC defense” meme of 2006-2013 was always 100% bullshit. When everyone in the conference runs the ball between the tackles 65% of the time, it’s not hard to play “elite” defense with a couple of 350 lb DT and 265 lb MLB.

but but but BDF

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Steel yourself for disappointment:

I'm 76. My four years at UT, Saint Darrell took us to a record of 40-3-1. A few years later, Emory Ballard created (or perfected) the Wishbone, and Slick Street and crew reeled off 30 in a row. It's been mostly downhill since then, other than a couple of immensely talented QBs brightening the Saturdays. The last ten years? Well, let's just say I'm pretty much immune to disappointment.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I'm 76. My four years at UT, Saint Darrell took us to a record of 40-3-1. A few years later, Emory Ballard created (or perfected) the Wishbone, and Slick Street and crew reeled off 30 in a row. It's been mostly downhill since then, other than a couple of immensely talented QBs brightening the Saturdays. The last ten years? Well, let's just say I'm pretty much immune to disappointment.

Well, then, enjoy!

14 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

A wise man once said "Get used to disappointment. "  He also said "Life is pain.  Anyone saying anything else is selling something."

• Like 2

Tech and MSU are scheduled to play in 2028 and 2029.

Eight seasons is  a long time from now...but Leach will have his process installed and preferred personnel well in place by then.

Wonder if Tech honors the contract? Tee-hee!

His return to Jones Stadium would be fucking huge.

Edited by Iceman

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Tech and MSU are scheduled to play in 2028 and 2029.

Eight seasons is  a long time from now...but Leach will have his process installed and preferred personnel well in place by then.

Wonder if Tech honors the contract? Tee-hee!

His return to Jones Stadium would be fucking huge.

I place odds at 50% that Mike is still there 2028 

I've stated multiple times that I never believed he would have stayed much longer in Lubbock had he not been fired in 09

but as it were:

10 seasons at Tech

2 season timeout

8 seasons at Wazzu

It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

12 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

• Mike Price left in 2002
  • Mike Price's career record at WSU was 83-78, 49-63 in conference
  • Mike Price won 3 games at WSU (4) the same number of times he won 9 or 10 games at WSU (4)
  • Mike Price won the conference as many times as he finished last in conference
  • Mike Price had a winning conference record in 5 of 14 seasons

3 minutes ago, NoName said:
  • Mike Price left in 2002
  • Mike Price's career record at WSU was 83-78, 49-63 in conference
  • Mike Price won 3 games at WSU (4) the same number of times he won 9 or 10 games at WSU (4)
  • Mike Price won the conference as many times as he finished last in conference
  • Mike Price had a winning conference record in 5 of 14 seasons

Cue all the excuses made by Mike Leach fanbois about how hard it is to win at WSU. You should sell t-shirts that say, "Mike Leach - Championships Are Overrated!"

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Cue all the excuses made by Mike Leach fanbois about how hard it is to win at WSU. You should sell t-shirts that say, "Mike Leach - Championships Are Overrated!"

link to excuses?

nah.. of course not.  you're just slinging shit posts with no value.

Dude won 11 games 2 seasons ago and went .500 in the regular season in a rebuild effort.  At Washington Fucking State. Wazzu was so pissed off they extended his contract.

I guess the rest of the world missed his excuses.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 4

I'm like the kid in Animal House gazing at Playboy when the catapulted bunny babe landed in his bed.  "Thank you, God!"

I for one am looking forward to Auburn at MSU coming this season.  The cowbell-wielding Pirate will mess with Aunt Gussie's mind all day and the War Boogers won't be able to count on their home field to comp them with six or seven false starts by the opposition (see, e.g., Bama in the recent 2019 debacle on the Plains (sigh)).