I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

Thats a great looking steak at a great price, but that doesn't look like wagyu grade marbling.  That looks like a nice prime. 

I did have the same thought. They sold out yesterday and getting more tomorrow so will probably go back to check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

tell us more about this grill.

It’s a Bull grill with an infrared burner on one side to get a great sear to start and then finish on other side. Had to test the product while still on the grill...so yes...it does act as a plate at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I've cooked steaks every which way:  butter basted; on cast iron; under broiler; reverse sear; sous vide; with propane; with lump charcoal; with briquettes; in the chimney stove; with olive branches and smoking woods.......yesterday a friend served a steak done so easily, I was flabbergasted how good it tasted. 

• Steak: 800g/1.5# of galician cattle ribeye, from the neighborhood gourmet butcher.  steak wasn't dry-aged; he didnt pre-salt, didnt bring to room temp, didnt do shit.  Was kept in butcher wrap in fridge until it went on the grill.
  • Grill:  Weber Pulse 1000, which is basically an electric Weber Q with iGrill digital temp gauge and control, 1800W
  • Process: grill preheated until it read 570F.  Steak on. Lid closed.  Exactly 6 minutes per side (grill was reading 500*F).  Done. 

Literally all of 15 seconds was spent actively managing the cook.  When he took it out there was a bunch of flaring that helped with the sear.  The char on it was fucking delicious.

For reference that's a carving knife on the left ,so steak is about 1.5-2" tall

IMG-20190813-203935.jpg

Went to steak 48 on Friday and had their special top something Wagyu ribeye and it was fork cut buttery awesome. Been wanting more since Friday so I went to Central Market and that strip was much better than I was hoping for. Also fork cut buttery awesome. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

• 3 weeks later...

Top Sirloin manager special discount bin, safeway select chimichuri sauce (cooked in, thus lack of sear), cooked easy on med/medHigh until I got bored and pulled.

The sauce got stuck to the cast iron so dumped a bunch of shrooms in there with a bit of butter and water to "deglaze" the lazy way. Stirred that shit up to coat. was aftraid it would be burtn. actualy taste grate. 

g_BaUljyQWZ5VRTYKlPjqyDiRNs57o2jJ8M2nynSw6WZjsyaSxSyvu6PPxGnB-L39hFOLl8QDbiHdkmP6GtBESs631XaIBq1MA1upiEQpZBLf7oGtHcWPKaWzZJc7SP3Ejk3Qfql4ESPYFobc3PlRAaYhJlO5is28vGCfjwqCxPFy_rzcReE8sC7Rbujl9_KOkYvP67rTRWw9VZZ76BJTuLtN57jZYgmpFA092kR-gHaa7e9IruTYPW5VKr2QwKWPGPgCCpkKjBtKdUyjGDo23v3H57Ygr7V7282AsMteL0jCR402DZV-D3Ubq_vnsc09mUHLkgGykhUwes-KAi1OhcaHJtDS0UWjDW3Zb_aELqprJxZ294-K7xQAcmVyOXB8Y4ymd3D_NSJFPhWyxiZ_e5MVXe6-zqLV2sdt5zSTc2he88ck3UUL_0om0I4cJ_1djm0Kp__MIZJ8l6wSpnAXNpg29Y0dgPBrb4G6WvsEb2rqCu_hoQQmXl02YvY_1tuYEDaNCRtGW49fka4uhMyPkxZlaJaOYJyUWHP0i05-Qk8lwxTTOGbJjDMWpkdpQTztlGEA8-qIybROzrf4pm2nabVnQvOWLQkdOofZuMkUQflsFNYsHF9FmQ8IBMKGm5fnCuZR5oJ72FeyBSeHSlv4tto59l6lWyQnlnECrMjEOmVQEyngnkZ9JkM=w1919-h1440-no