I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

• 3 weeks later...

Buddy still has no power due to the tornado yesterday so came over and chilled.
Did a reverse seat but I think the oven was too high cause I had to take it out the skillet early for fear of overcooking. GF took the pic and it looks even more done in that, it was more medium rare. Damn good but need to get the oven down.
898bfea9d06475d61dc584d5408551be.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 9:07 PM, Zepol87 said:

Buddy still has no power due to the tornado yesterday so came over and chilled.
Did a reverse seat but I think the oven was too high cause I had to take it out the skillet early for fear of overcooking. GF took the pic and it looks even more done in that, it was more medium rare. Damn good but need to get the oven down.
898bfea9d06475d61dc584d5408551be.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Commercial-FGTHO550-Monitoring-Thermometer/dp/B005KDEIZ0

• Like 1

This is not my proudest of work, but the pics arent doing the justice needed here. I splurged on a wagyu ribeye today because I had a gift card from work. 

Cooked to 115° IT in the oven @ 200°. Rested for about 15 mins, then seared above a red-hot lump charcoal fire about 4" below the grate. Got a decent crust tonight, but sacrificed some color in the process. Either that, or the fact it sat for 20 mins before I cut into it while catering to an ailing 4 year old. 

The pics don't do it justice. But it was delicious. 

20191116-193126.jpg

20191116-193247.jpg

20191116-193607.jpg

(Pics got armybrat'd again, thanks imgbb)

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, brown water said:

Spending the Thanksgiving week in Puerto Vallarta with extended family. Tonight is my night to cook. 7kg prime ny strip roast. Marinated all day in garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.  

D749B7D9-CA1D-454F-96B4-9E0FEFA96A40.jpeg

DC4609F4-F4CF-4D77-8F80-08572FA675EB.jpeg

9398FB7E-BC1B-43AC-9DF7-17959B824E4C.jpeg

692C1C49-64AA-4A56-A92C-02911A739E98.jpeg

9B13E941-8E9C-432E-AD90-638DAC1934E8.jpeg

I like the cut of your motherfucking jib.

Got this sucker hanging out in the garage fridge for T+1.

A84299-BB-FFDD-4-EFE-9-C49-CC3-CB82-F597

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeeeeeeeessssssss

Ready for a trip to heb myself... if they're open after this game. Ill be going big too, since my birfday falls on Monday and my kids are out of town. Getting drunk and cooking a bad ass steak are all the celebration I need.

Pics may happen or not, depending on the former. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

What’s up with the 4th mushroom from the left?  Looks to be shifted upward out of line.

Come on BDR, get your shit together!

Joke's on you! It's actually the 3rd from the right that I placed out of line. I thought you knew how the Surly numbering system worked...

42 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I do the same, and do my damndest to not penetrate the bread with my knife while eating the steak. The buttered, steak juice filled slab of toast is the best part of the meal.

Huh, I guess I just never thought about layering it that way.  I do often dunk some buttered garlic toast in steak juice though.  And you’re right...it is always the best damn thing on the table.

• Like 1

Does Prime Rib count as steak for this thread's purposes? Picking up a 3-bone prime grade rib roast from a local butcher today. Going to salt it tonight and leave it uncovered in the fridge until Christmas morning. I will then follow this cooking method:

https://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-food-lab-how-to-cook-roast-a-perfect-prime-rib.html

I've used it the last couple of years, and it always comes out great.

Thinking about making these a side dish:

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/12/hasselback-potato-gratin-casserole-holiday-food-lab.html

Edited by Seasick Sailor

57 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Does Prime Rib count as steak for this thread's purposes? Picking up a 3-bone prime grade rib roast from a local butcher today. Going to salt it tonight and leave it uncovered in the fridge until Christmas morning. I will then follow this cooking method:

https://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-food-lab-how-to-cook-roast-a-perfect-prime-rib.html

I've used it the last couple of years, and it always comes out great.

Thinking about making these a side dish:

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/12/hasselback-potato-gratin-casserole-holiday-food-lab.html

Hell yes to the potatoes.  Did the same exact meal a couple years back:

IMG-3202.jpg

• Like 4