I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

Did a HEB dry aged prime ribeye last night

Last minute change of dinner plans so I didnt have the time to salt and reverse sear. Salt pepper and a light dusting of texjoy spicey streak seasoning and on the grill.

It was slightly more medium then I prefer but damn that was one of the best tasting steaks I've had.1c35b4cc31cdfbcba462b0dbb677ec84.jpg7fc1f5355453d5db620e6e58643a4c5e.jpga3521e276b80cf192118a340335e74ad.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
6 minutes ago, workswithseed said:
Cast iron, high for a minute then low for 2

I'm confused lol.

Umm... Heated up butter with garlic and thyme. I then put the steak in on high to seat for a minute on both sides. Then lower the temp as I drizzle the butter over the top on each side for 2 minutes. 

Yeah, I didn't explain very well. Ha

Umm... Heated up butter with garlic and thyme. I then put the steak in on high to seat for a minute on both sides. Then lower the temp as I drizzle the butter over the top on each side for 2 minutes. 
I gotcha, thought you were claiming the steak cooked in 3 minutes ha.
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 11:21 PM, workswithseed said:

Looks good to me. This is a tough crowd. Only objective thing I see to improve on is getting an even and consistent sear. Get that brown tone on the steak on the right evenly across the entire steak and you will have achieved surly steak thread rep nirvana. Grill pan with a little oil in the bottom would fix that right up (brownwater method), but you will be cooking outside. Also, you could have salvaged the money shot by cutting a slice out of the middle, emphasizing the part that had a good sear, and meat probably a few degrees cooler.  

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 8:21 PM, Errestaurants said:

Grilled a Prime Picanha

abd643ad717e77db6d17f5a31e39adc1.jpg

On 5/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, Zepol87 said:

That looks badass 

On 5/14/2020 at 9:37 AM, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I’ll have to remember your method for precision slicing ...

I don't know man...if you have to use a table saw to cut it, it's probably a little too lean for my liking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2020 at 11:09 AM, McFly said:

Maybe you need a better camera.  Top picture looked promising but bottom was disappoint...almost roflbox-esqe

Agreed. You can tell you know what you're doing as far as the steak is concerned because it's obvious it's not overcooked if the edge piece is that color and there's a garlic on top so it's obvious you basted it with butter and garlic. It was probably a great steak. It's just the other stuff that really messed it up. The camera sucks balls. The angles and lighting in the first phot were bad. The second photo just looks like it's the camera's fault. The only thing not related to that is the freaking money shot slice you chose. It looks like you bit the tip of the steak instead of slicing it like most do for a money shot.

• Like 1

Over 1 pound of minke whale.  It's very very lean meat, so I had a buttered pan with some garlic and shallots to baste or soak the meat, and also balance out any mild gaminess.

After a few minutes reaching 80*, finished it inside the pan until it went to 110*F. 

The thin cooked rim of whale tastes metallic and like canned tuna in water.  The interior is just something between beef and venison, mildly sweet and not exotic at all.

IMG-20200520-210557-COLLAGE.jpg

Next time I will try it tartare

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Over 1 pound of minke whale.  It's very very lean meat, so I had a buttered pan with some garlic and shallots to baste or soak the meat, and also balance out any mild gaminess.

After a few minutes reaching 80*, finished it inside the pan until it went to 110*F. 

The thin cooked rim of whale tastes metallic and like canned tuna in water.  The interior is just something between beef and venison, mildly sweet and not exotic at all.

whoa.  very nice.  where are you getting whale?

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Is this legal?

28 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Is this legal?

From Wikipedia, I was surprised as I thought all whales were endangered.  My question is where the hell did he find the meat?

As of 2018, the IUCN Red List labels the common minke whale as Least Concern[31] and the Antarctic minke whale as Near Threatened.[32]

COSEWIC puts both species in the Not At Risk category [1]. NatureServe lists them as G5 which means the species is secure on global range [2].

Population estimates are generated by the Scientific Committee of the International Whaling Commission. The 2004 estimate yielded 515,000 individuals for the Antarctic minke stock.

Edited by Hook1997

On 5/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, 52-80 said:

I'm assuming that high up the food chain you could see the mercury ooze out?