I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

1 hour ago, Mach 1 said:

Loved it. I bought two filets also, seared them last night for my kids.  Had a bite, really, really good.  

The dry aged cuts are the best.  If you didn’t get teh dry aged, get them next time (get the California Reserve instead of the  MIdwest).  Also, be sure to try a Jorge cut sometime.

Damn. That's a lot of marbling. did you eat the whole thing your self? I googled and those things are pricey.
Also this.
This steak can easily feed 2 people, we recommend 3-4 ounces per person
I think the Japanese don't eat steaks like we do.

They really don’t. My Japanese boss talks about steak the way we talk about football wins against OU. We’d like it to happen at least once a year. Usually around the same time in the fall. In an extraordinary year you have it again around Christmas. And if god really blesses you it somehow happens again around the second week in January. But that’s it. No more. And it usually costs your first born and/or a large bribe to the local official.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Damn. That's a lot of marbling. did you eat the whole thing your self? I googled and those things are pricey.
Also this.
This steak can easily feed 2 people, we recommend 3-4 ounces per person

It was 10 ounces and I split it with my wife. I’ve had a lot of great steaks but never Japanese A5 wagyu. We were going on vacation and I splurged. More wanted to have a good taste than to fill up on it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hanrahan said:

It was 10 ounces and I split it with my wife. I’ve had a lot of great steaks but never Japanese A5 wagyu. We were going on vacation and I splurged. More wanted to have a good taste than to fill up on it.

No doubt!  You don’t ever have that level of steak to get full.  That’s what all the sides are for

On 8/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, Landomatic said:

No doubt!  You don’t ever have that level of steak to get full.  That’s what all the sides are for

I usually order an 8oz fillet and share it with my wife. It’s so rich and flavorful 4oz really is satisfying.

do you mind if I ask you supplier? I’ve ordered a number of times from Crowd Cow and I have had some pretty good luck so far. Prices are usually market but have increased some since the quarantine. 

905BA595-4E21-4D43-98BB-348C09DFD9CE.jpeg

Edited by Doc Reeves

45 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I usually order an 8oz fillet and share it with my wife. It’s so rich and flavorful 4oz really is satisfying.

do you mind if I ask you supplier? I’ve ordered a number of times from Crowd Cow and I have had some pretty good luck so far. Prices are usually market but have increased some since the quarantine. 

905BA595-4E21-4D43-98BB-348C09DFD9CE.jpeg

I've never ordered it and made it at home.  Only had it (the real thing) once in my life.  That was years ago in Vegas.  But, yeah I wanna say it was probably around 4 oz.  Few guys on here have done it though, so I'm sure they'll be along shortly to tell you how you're doing it wrong.

905BA595-4E21-4D43-98BB-348C09DFD9CE.thumb.jpeg.87f865e72236a0644f9491c3eced6757.jpeg

Mine came from the Wagyu Shop. Just a few clicks and it arrived on my front door 48 hours later.
  • Hook 'Em 1