I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

17 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

My only concern was to keep the plate from scratching the table. 

Zero shits given re: veggies receiving steak juice & olive oil butter treatment.

Onion

Mushrooms

Green bell pepper

Smashed & diced single pod of garlic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I mean to be fair, it does look like a shingle.

Edited by pops

15 hours ago, ohchaucer said:

Sear steak.  Remove steak.  Cook vegetables in steak juice.  Rest steak at the same time.  Eat.  Profit?

This is the correct answer.  A steak made to taste like vegetables is like pussy made to taste like penis.  

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 12:13 PM, LW Goatman said:

Axis

steak.jpg

Holy fuck, you 100% nailed the best red meat that exists on the planet.  I love the simple potatoes as a side.  If you cooked that for a woman, I hope she offered to blow you immediately after eating.  If you cooked that for dude, I hope he offered to buy you a great bottle of scotch or whiskey.  

I prefer wagyu cooked one or 2 steps more than my normal preference. There's so much fat in it it's impossible to dry out, even at well done, and additional cooking helps render some of the fat out and deepen the Maillard layer. For the same reasons, it works really well if you cube it so you can sear all sides and get more surface area to Maillard - on a normal steak you'd really worry about drying it out, with wagyu that remains impossible. I find it too rich to eat as an entire steak if you don't get some of the oil out of it in cooking. Hard for anything to match the first bites though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

I prefer wagyu cooked one or 2 steps more than my normal preference. There's so much fat in it it's impossible to dry out, even at well done, and additional cooking helps render some of the fat out and deepen the Maillard layer. For the same reasons, it works really well if you cube it so you can sear all sides and get more surface area to Maillard - on a normal steak you'd really worry about drying it out, with wagyu that remains impossible. I find it too rich to eat as an entire steak if you don't get some of the oil out of it in cooking. Hard for anything to match the first bites though!

User name name checks out?

• Like 1

I use Bolner's "Uncle Chris' Steak Seasoning" rub on my steaks.  I was going to grill 2 NY Strips last night but got invited to a neighbors to watch the end of the Masters and he ended up grilling for us and a bunch of kids.

Sounds like an opportunity to make my 1st set of posts on the new site...

10211674.jpg

Edited by RD3
  • Like 1

Steak = Serious Business.

According to state police, 41-year-old Shannon Lynch was having dinner with a woman in a Bullskin Township home around 11 p.m. when the two got into an argument.

Police say Lynch “took offense to the texture of his steak” and began to assault the woman. During the assault, Lynch allegedly picked up a steak knife and stabbed the woman in the arm.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/04/07/fayette-county-steak-woman-stabbed/