I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

who the fuck are you dining with you need to come heavy to a baked potato?  

Mrs. Brat  & I share one good size spud and she usually takes 1/3 of it.

That’s insurance she doesn’t grab more.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, fwtxbevo said:

Put on those glasses to make sure you grab the fork and not the pistol before you start eating! Nice looking steak BTW.

Not saying you should, but you could combine the pistol with the knife to reduce table clutter:

1362907177_pistolbayonets.thumb.JPG.e531caa82fd0d05d5178eebed1e27f85.JPG

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

20210814_181154.thumb.jpg.44f600ca4bf56d078afb0162d965d328.jpg

Sous vide a couple of prime rib-eyes  we got at Costco. Seared them in my cast iron that I heated in the oven for 30 minutes with rosemary, garlic and butter. Paired with a bacon cesar salad and an Italian red wine. Made panna cotta for dessert. Damn good Saturday night. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, pearlandhorn said:

Found a prime ribeye in the freezer when I was unloading the half cow I just had butchered. Cooked in wagyu tallow on cast iron skillet. Fantastic. Dog in background is best part of the second pic.

7FD2D986-5C9B-4795-A2CE-73CE56DF9A0D.jpeg

C7D80B82-EAC2-40F2-B7AA-6660F6816AEC.jpeg

Good boy says “I can haz a bite?”

5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Yeah I'd eat that. Ribeye caps are proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.  Please accept a positive Surly Internet for cooking that steak over a fire, as He intended.

I'll have to accept your positive Surly Internet conditionally; only if it remains after I tell you that I cooked it to perfection in the oven first.

• Hook 'Em 1

What's the best butcher in Houston for steaks? First person to say B&B gets punched.

I don't think Pete's prices their beef very well. Cool place to go buy some exotic game though. 

I've never bought a bad steak from Whole Foods. Their dry aged stuff is pretty good, and priced well. Especially compared to B&B. 

Regarding sides, I'll nod my cap to au gratin potatoes at Vic & Anthony's. You'd need a restaurant grade broiler to possibly make them that good at home. We'll probably make a to go run on the next steak night.

The brussels sprouts at Del Frisco are also outstanding. 

What's the best butcher in Houston for steaks? First person to say B&B gets punched.

I don't think Pete's prices their beef very well. Cool place to go buy some exotic game though. 

I've never bought a bad steak from Whole Foods. Their dry aged stuff is pretty good, and priced well. Especially compared to B&B. 

Regarding sides, I'll nod my cap to au gratin potatoes at Vic & Anthony's. You'd need a restaurant grade broiler to possibly make them that good at home. We'll probably make a to go run on the next steak night.

The brussels sprouts at Del Frisco are also outstanding. 

Fuck Pete’s. I will never recommend them. Shit quality and shit people. HEB has far better meat than those cunts.