Vikings @ 49ers: NFC Divisional Round

Vic Mackey

SF's front 7 scares me. Kirk and Jimmy are both going to face tough pass rush's. I heard on sports talk today that SF was 17th vs the run so hopefully Dalvin can expose that.

Vikings played SF in 2018 and won 24-16. Picked Jimmy off 3 times. Not the same team I know, hopefully Zimm has something ready for Jimmy

13 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I honestly think these are the two best teams in the NFC right now. I could easily see Minny winning this game, but i don’t feel confident giving a prediction. Other than SF getting blown out at home, no scenario would shock me. 

Packers are better than the Vikings. They proved that on the field this season. I know these Packers aren't as flashy as the past when Rodgers was at the peak of his career but they still are pretty salty on offense. And they finally have a legit run game where Rodgers doesn't have to do it on his own.

And I don't know how much better SF is than Seattle. Seattle was literally one yard away from sweeping them and they'd have won the West and got the bye week. Although their run game took a hit when Carson went down. But Russell is still a fucking baller.

They are a team that will never blow anyone out or dominate. They love playing down to whomever and they do just enough to win and move on. They struggled last week to beat McCown, who played the entire 2nd half with a hamstring injury. 

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Packers are better than the Vikings. They proved that on the field this season. I know these Packers aren't as flashy as the past when Rodgers was at the peak of his career but they still are pretty salty on offense. And they finally have a legit run game where Rodgers doesn't have to do it on his own.

And I don't know how much better SF is than Seattle. Seattle was literally one yard away from sweeping them and they'd have won the West and got the bye week. Although their run game took a hit when Carson went down. But Russell is still a fucking baller.

They are a team that will never blow anyone out or dominate. They love playing down to whomever and they do just enough to win and move on. They struggled last week to beat McCown, who played the entire 2nd half with a hamstring injury. 

That game in Minnesota later in the year they didn’t even have Dalvin Cook or Alexander Maddison. They were trotting practice squad rbs out there, for a team who has an offense designed around running the ball and play action. You can’t just lose the most important player on your team, and his backup, and expect to beat one of the better teams in the NFC. Plus Theilan was fresh off an injury. I know it doesn’t work this way, but if everyone is healthy in both games I bet they split. And Minny is pretty healthy now.

GB might be better, but not because they won in Minnesota and in GB. Minnesota definitely has a better roster from top to bottom

Edited by youdunnf'dup

SF's front 7 scares me. Kirk and Jimmy are both going to face tough pass rush's. I heard on sports talk today that SF was 17th vs the run so hopefully Dalvin can expose that.

Vikings played SF in 2018 and won 24-16. Picked Jimmy off 3 times. Not the same team I know, hopefully Zimm has something ready for Jimmy

Yeah, but the Vikes have the Bruin backer bros in Barr and Kendrick. They're gonna put the hurt on Jimmy G and those pussies from SF.

53 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It does seem like the NFL kinda fucked the Vikings by scheduling them today. They played last Sunday, and the Texans played last Saturday. Seems like they could’ve easily just made Texans v Chiefs today and Vikings v 49ers tomorrow to give both wild card teams 7 days of rest. 

Worked out for Houston. Snowing and 17 degrees in KC right now. Sunny and 40 tomorrow. 

16 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Keep Kittle in check and you'll neutralize Jimmy.  I took the Vikings to cover.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SDG said:

Keep Kittle in check and you'll neutralize Jimmy.  I took the Vikings to cover.  

Same. That seems like the most likely scenario, barring a cousins implosion or SF just jumping out to a 2 score lead really early. 

Also, SF defense hasn’t exactly been lighting the world on fire lately. They get Alexander back today (i think, and that’ll help), but it seems like their d might have peaked early.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It does seem like the NFL kinda fucked the Vikings by scheduling them today. They played last Sunday, and the Texans played last Saturday. Seems like they could’ve easily just made Texans v Chiefs today and Vikings v 49ers tomorrow to give both wild card teams 7 days of rest. 

based on this pregame show the league has already anointed the 49ers NFC champions.