will ferrell + jld = downhill

henrygandorf

She's about to turn 59 and while this movie looks hilarious (in an intentionally dark kinda way)...all I look forward to is seeing her in tight ski pants.  Or ski tights.  Or whatever the fuck you white people call 'em.

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

She's about to turn 59 and while this movie looks hilarious (in an intentionally dark kinda way)...all I look forward to is seeing her in tight ski pants.  Or ski tights.  Or whatever the fuck you white people call 'em.

what do your people call them?  and who are your people?

26 minutes ago, futureman said:

Ski people, duh 

we’re from Gibraltar.  On the good side 

but yeah, she is still such a smoke show.

The sense of humor helps tremendously.  But she’s hotter now than most (not all) episodes of Seinfeld 

Sorry to have to tell you but she’s already had her last fuckable day.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 9:58 PM, Lobo said:

On 1/10/2020 at 10:32 PM, futureman said:

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

The only saving grace was that is was just 85 minutes long.  I snuck out of a conference early to go to a matinee.  First third has a few chuckles.  And Jared from Silicon Valley has a few funny moments later in the film.  As posted above, it's just a bunch of awkward scenes, Will Ferrell never has much to work with.  JLD's dark comedic performance saves it from being one of the worst movies I've ever seen, especially her intermittent interactions with the hotel concierge (although the whole dynamic is a complete rip-off of her Veep character with the P.M. of Finland, right down to the accent).  I thought Tormund would be in much more of the film, but it's just that one scene (which is one of the big chuckles early on). 

I get to sneak off to maybe 2 movies in theaters per year, and I deeply regret wasting time and money on this movie.  I don't know that I'd even bother streaming this movie once it comes out.  Again, it's really short so while traveling for business, it could be okay

He's just NOT worthy of JLD funny.  

That was my point of contention.  She obviously loves him and he must be a good dad because she doesn't need the money or the fame or apparently what seems to be, even a hint of good sex.  She just holds a special place in my heart.  But having said that, after seeing this movie, I have to wonder what the hell is going on with her.  Veep ends, she beats cancer, gets the Twain award...and then parlays that into what is easily the worst movie that her and Will Ferrell will ever be in...and that's saying something.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

He's just NOT worthy of JLD funny. 

That was my point of contention.  She obviously loves him and he must be a good dad because she doesn't need the money or the fame or apparently what seems to be, even a hint of good sex.  She just holds a special place in my heart.  But having said that, after seeing this movie, I have to wonder what the hell is going on with her.  Veep ends, she beats cancer, gets the Twain award...and then parlays that into what is easily the worst movie that her and Will Ferrell will ever be in...and that's saying something.  

An incredibly well-paid vacation.