Jersey Shore another reboot

Moby Ric

Going back to the wedding...  

I was reading an Q&A on Reddit from a production staff person that worked on the show during the first couple of seasons.  She explained that MTV, in paying for the wedding, would have had complete rights over it.  In signing all of the contracts/disclaimers, all of the Shore people would have already known pretty much what was going to happen.  Angelina would have known that the speech was going to happen and that it might be a little crude.  The other 3 apparently didn't really want to give the speech as they didn't feel close enough to Angelina to give a wedding speech.  So, basically, they had all been there and done that and knew that, at times, things are a little out of their hands.

So the speech is given.  Rather than do what normally happens, Angelina decides to go nuts on the 3.  They were surprised about this.  If you go back and watch none of the 3 or the boys took Angelina seriously for awhile because they expected her to know that this wasn't really their thing/choice.  By the time she went completely nuts, it was too late to just chalk it off as one of the usual "Throw a fit, then everyone make up".  Also, the same person said that Angelina really is as big a B as she comes across.  That's not editing.  Surprisingly, she said Jwow was the nicest to the crew.

It was a pretty interesting Q&A.

One thing I learned is that very few of the hookups are organic.  The production crew goes out during the day to malls and whatnot, "selects" girls, gives them VIP passes to whatever club the crew will be at that night, then encourages them to "interact" with the cast.  She said that production began to worry after episodes aired with the guys using the "grenade" term; however, so many of the women have the "I'm beautiful" ego that they rarely had problems getting releases signed.

When "The Note" was written, Snooki and Jwoww assumed that the production crew would be pinpointed as to the one's that left it due to the fact that the cast is not allowed to use computers.  This is why the girls used higher-level language when writing it.  When Sammi found out, production had to absolutely swear to her that they were not the authors.  

I also didn't know that the cast didn't even get paid in Season 1.  They got a stipend for food, gas, and drinks, but had to actually earn money by working at the Shore Shop.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jerzdays are back!

On Monday, MTV announced that Jersey Shore Family Vacation is set to return on Nov. 19 — just in time for the holidays!

This season, which has been dubbed Jersey Shore "Bring the Family'"Vacation,  Deena Cortese, Paul "Pauly D" Delvecchio, Jenni "JWOWW" Farley, Vinny Guadagnino, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, Angelina Pivarnick and Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino are taking over an entire resort where they will live their "best lives" in their own "Shore" bubble, according to MTV.

The new chapter picks back up after an explosive season 3, which saw Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi decide to leave the show after a disastrous speech at Pivarnick's wedding.

The incident left the "family fractured, leaving the boys with only one option — make the family whole again," according to MTV.

So, in attempt to get the band back together, Delvecchio, 40, will take over a resort with the help of Sorrentino, Guadagnino and Ortiz-Magro — with hopes of reuniting the girls.

The boys have also invited "the extended family to distract them from drama, and hope for the best."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Either one of you negroes still watching?  

It’s not great, but Angelina is showing out. 

Still watching.  First show in history to actually run slower than real time.  At this point, my wife and I have watched for so long, we're invested in whatever is put out there.

I'm sure Jwow will ruin the vibe starting next week.

• Like 1

Still watching.  First show in history to actually run slower than real time.  At this point, my wife and I have watched for so long, we're invested in whatever is put out there.
I'm sure Jwow will ruin the vibe starting next week.

Same here, totally invested. My wife is from NY and behaves like that crowd. She misses back there so watching this train wreck gives her a little taste of home.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I somehow missed that Ronnie got arrested on April 24th for, you guessed it, domestic abuse.  I believe it was with his new girl, Saffire.  It appears as if he's being written out of the show until he can get his act together.  From what I've read, he's on this new season, but parted ways with MTV during the filming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Appears she took the news well. 

Jen Harley encountered some trouble with the law over the weekend in Las Vegas.

The Jersey Shore Family Vacation alum was arrested for alleged misdemeanor domestic violence and felony assault with a deadly weapon on Saturday, June 19, in Las Vegas, where she lives, E! News confirmed via court records.

She is no longer in police custody as she was released on bond. E! News has not confirmed the victim's identity.

Per the criminal division of the Las Vegas Justice Court, the state has not filed charges yet, and Jen has two upcoming court dates on Aug. 18 and 19 for each case.

E! News has reached out to her attorney and manager for comment and has not heard back.

On the day of Jen's arrest, her 3-year-old daughter Ariana Sky Magro was with her ex, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, as he celebrated a major milestone in his new relationship. The reality star proposed to his now-fiancée, Saffire Matos, at a Southern California beach, according to a source.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can’t kill ‘em. 

Jersey Shore Family Vacation has been renewed for Season 5 by MTV and will return with a familiar face as Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi joins the cast.

News of a renewal comes just before Jersey Shore Family Vacation closes off its fourth season tonight at 8 p.m. ET/PT on MTV. Per MTV, Jersey Shore Family Vacation takes the #1 spot across key demos in its time period and earned a 9% L+3 share from the previous season.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Anyone still battling? Have all 8 episodes on DVR, can’t bring myself to hit play. 

Yep.  It's pretty brutal til they get to Key West.  You also might want to keep the finger on the FF button.  I think it's episode 2 when they show Laurens placenta, then eat it.  

The 2 "Keys" eps have been pretty entertaining 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
24 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Think OP got banned, so @Knoxtnhorn may be only trooper left. Did the new cast of Jersey kids that pissed off the OGs ever air? They are fucking bombarding us with the next season of JS: FV now. 

I forgot about that.  Good question.  Kind of funnny that this is one of the handful of shows my wife and I both like.