Good luck MNLonghorn!

msucolt45

NDSU is playing today for their like “23rd in a row” National Championships today!

As a fan of FCS football, I appreciate what they have done. My team (McNeese) has only played for it all twice and lost, with both games in Chattanooga. Since it’s been moved to Frisco, the only SLC team to “appear” has been Sam Houston, but NDSU was there as well!

Good luck and Hook’em at 11:00!

• Like 2

At least in FCS, the true champion is played on the field! All divisions, except for for FBS have playoffs for the true champion.

One day, maybe the Bowl season can be used as seeding into the playoffs and a true champion, besides just the four, which at least is something closer to what it should be. Maybe an 8 or even 16 team bracket, instead of the bowls, would be best.

5 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Top four seeds get a bye, then the other 20 play into the brackets for seedings after that. The top seeded teams host through the semis, then the championship is in Frisco. That is how the FCS does it!

they seed 8 teams, they get a bye.

24 teams make it, so 8 games on weekend after thanksgiving. after the 8 seeded teams who is picked by a committee of AD's, conference reps...then they come up with the bracket.

Not sure how many FCS conferences there are. those champs get automatic bids but arent necessarily guaranteed a seed/bye. After that they try to avoid regular season rematches(as much as possible) in the bracket...but if the NCAA can get by with sending say SDSU to NDSU for a cheap bus ride...theyll do anything possible to achieve that. so theres some regionalization for some of these games

16 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

NDSU is playing today for their like “23rd in a row” National Championships today!

As a fan of FCS football, I appreciate what they have done. My team (McNeese) has only played for it all twice and lost, with both games in Chattanooga. Since it’s been moved to Frisco, the only SLC team to “appear” has been Sam Houston, but NDSU was there as well!

Good luck and Hook’em at 11:00!

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Idoit

16 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

At least in FCS, the true champion is played on the field! All divisions, except for for FBS have playoffs for the true champion.

One day, maybe the Bowl season can be used as seeding into the playoffs and a true champion, besides just the four, which at least is something closer to what it should be. Maybe an 8 or even 16 team bracket, instead of the bowls, would be best.

Hot take.  I'm surprised no one has thought of this before.