Packers WR Trevor Davis arrested at LAX

TrashMaster G

Dumbass.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769170-packers-wr-trevor-davis-arrested-for-making-bomb-joke-at-lax-airport?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Trevor Davis was reportedly arrested at the Los Angeles International Airport Sunday after jokingly telling an attendant at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter he had smuggled in a bomb while being asked security questions, according to Stella Chan of CNN.

Chan spoke with LAX Police public information officer Robert Pedregon, who stated that Davis "was at the Hawaiian Airlines counter with a female companion Sunday morning answering a series of typical questions asked of all travelers."

While answering those questions, Davis and the companion were asked if they had any knives or explosives. Davis then "turned to his companion and said to her 'Yes, did you pack the explosives?'"

Davis was then arrested, booked and released on $15,000 bail and will be in court on May 3. TMZ Sports was first to report the arrest.

"The Packers are aware of the matter involving Trevor Davis," the team said in a statement, per Jill Martin of CNN. "We are in the process of gathering more information and will refrain from making any further comment as it is an ongoing legal matter."

Davis, 24, was a fifth-round pick by the Packers in the 2016 NFL draft. In two seasons, he's caught eight passes for 94 yards and a touchdown. He primarily served as a punt and kick returner for the team in 2017, averaging 12.0 yards per punt return and 22.8 yards per kickoff.

Several years ago, I was behind a guy who said something similar at the gate desk ( at Logan Airport of all places). Gate attendant shut him down immediately and threatened to call the airport police. He was so scared I thought he was going to cry. Ultimately he apologized, she accepted, and he boarded the plane.

I have to think the admonishment happens more often than the arrest.

• 4 years later...

A friend said something similar ("you still have the gun in your purse" to his mother-in-law) almost 30 years ago on the way to HIS HONEYMOON. He was taken into the BACK ROOM and talked to for about 45 minutes, they were about to let him go when they realized he had an unpaid parking ticket with an outstanding warrant. His dad had to go down to the police station and pay the ticket before they would release him, and he could then catch a much later flight!

Edited by Horn Patriot
Grammar
  • Haha 3

Yea, an arrest in this situation is definitely over the top. He was clearly joking, so waste his time with a more thorough search, but don't arrest the guy unless he is really just asking for it.

Arrest his ass. Fucking entitled athlete. We don’t know the entire context. He might have been whining and complaining the whole time. We see these folks all the time in line. “Why do I have to dump my drink? Why do I have to take off my jacket? “. Fuck those assholes. TSA should just stick a cattle prod up their ass.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 4/10/2018 at 5:09 PM, Atticus said:

Yea, an arrest in this situation is definitely over the top. He was clearly joking, so waste his time with a more thorough search, but don't arrest the guy unless he is really just asking for it.

Maybe. Or maybe there's more to it than just one line. And he said it to a Hawaiian Airlines employee at the ticket counter, not to the TSA.

On 4/9/2018 at 3:00 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Dumbass.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769170-packers-wr-trevor-davis-arrested-for-making-bomb-joke-at-lax-airport?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Trevor Davis was reportedly arrested at the Los Angeles International Airport Sunday after jokingly telling an attendant at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter he had smuggled in a bomb while being asked security questions,

Not nearly as dumb as carrying CBD while traveling in and out of Russia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, redswingline said:

Not nearly as dumb as carrying CBD while traveling in and out of Russia

csb alert ... One time we did a family trip (w/extended family) to Cozumel. It was me &  Mrs. Wood (no pics), her parents, her younger sister (no pics) and her stupid fuck of a husband, her older sister (no pics), her husband, and their two kids. AFTER we get to Mexico, dumbass BIL (youner sis's husband) asks the grownups if they wanna smoke a little. SIL immediately says "Wtf? Where did you get that? I haven't seen anyone trying to sell, and anyway we just got here". He says "I brought it with me. What's the big deal?".

Turns out he stuck it in the older SIL's 10 yo kid's camera bag or some shit to get it through customs. Un-fucking-believable. What a regard. Needless to say, other SIL and her husband were not fucking amused. Nobody else was, either, and he couldn't understand why we were coming down on him. Probably the only thing that saved that stupid Georgia cokehead from a good ass-whuppin was the fact that we were in Mexico. There are morons everywhere you look. /csb

Edited by wood