Sad Day For Lubbock 1st Responders

BluTechsan

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, possible text that says 'HERO REMEMBERED ..NEVER DIES POLICE OFFICER LIEUTENANT NICHOLAS REYNA DAVID ERIC HILL END OF WATCH- LAST ALARM LUBBOCK JANUARY 11, 2020 UBBOCK CO POLICE'
True Blue WarriorsLike Page
4 hrs · 

*STRUCK AND KILLED IN THE LINE OF DUTY* Texas - Rest In Peace Lubbock Police Department Police Officer Nicholas Reyna, age 27, and Lubbock Fire Department Lieutenant/Paramedic David Eric Hill, age 39 - End Of Watch/Last Alarm January 11, 2020. 

#SayTheirNames - Officer/Brother Nick Reyna and Lieutenant/Brother Eric Hill - not just "RIP" or a run of ridiculous emojis. When you SAY THEIR NAME, you will REMEMBER THEIR NAME and A HERO REMEMBERED ... NEVER DIES

On Saturday, January 11, 2020, 0830hrs(local), Lubbock Police and Fire Rescue were on scene working a single-vehicle rollover crash. A southbound vehicle then crashed into the median several yards south of the first crash. 

While both accidents were being worked, another southbound vehicle crossed the median and struck the first responders.

Snow fell late Friday evening and into Saturday morning in Lubbock, which led to icy roadways. 

Ofc. Reyna was pronounced on scene. Lubbock Police Department for one year. Following the academy, he served on patrol during the day shift. 

Lt. Hill and a second Firefighter/Paramedic, Matthew Kenneth Dawson, age 30, were transported to University Medical Center.

Firefighter Dawson remains in critical condition at this time. FF Dawson joined LFR on June 2nd, 2014 and has been serving the Lubbock community for 5 years. Matt Dawson is stationed at Fire Station 2A. 

Lt. Hill, a ten year FF veteran, succumbed to injuries. Lt. Hill began his career with LFR on August 17th, 2009 and had just recently celebrated 10 years of service to the citizens of Lubbock. Eric had promoted to the rank of Lieutenant on July 6th, 2019 and was stationed at Fire Station 10B. 

Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the families, friends, and the people of Lubbock -from all of us at True Blue Warriors 

TrueBlueWarriors.org
www.facebook.com/truebluewarriors
Email: AskTBW@gmail.com  
https://ci.lubbock.tx.us/departments/police-department 
https://ci.lubbock.tx.us/departments/fire-rescue

• Like 1

Operating a motor vehicle in a safe manner and following all the numerous rules of the road is too difficult for the majority of the population. Driverless vehicles can’t get here fast enough. I would say mass transit but this country is too stupid to ever get that past the obstacles of “I like my truck” and “not building that through my yard” 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I know, right?  It's like all those European countries with mass transit and trains have no cars on the highways and there are never any wrecks. 

giphy.gif

I guess the US just leads auto fatalities in the modern world because we just don't like driving that much. Oh but you're right, other people get in wrecks too. Cool

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

giphy.gif

I guess the US just leads auto fatalities in the modern world because we just don't like driving that much. Oh but you're right, other people get in wrecks too. Cool

Ah, Mr. Agenda makes his appearance.

Horrible news about these guys.  Whoever said "senseless" had it right.

It was pretty icy/snowy all the way to Abernathy. Then it was clear all the way to Amarillo. Here in south Lubbock, I had a solid covering of snow until about 2 p.m.  Warm and windy today. Very odd weather. 

Very sad regarding the accident. Very common for people up here to out drive the conditions when it gets icy. I'll be driving along at 25 mph only to be passed by some jackass in a Explorer going 50 mph. Then I see that same jackass in the ditch 3 miles up the road--sometimes taking some other poor bastard with them. Makes me ragey.