Texans @ Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round

Vic Mackey

Since moving to the Houston area, I’ve been a Texans fan (gotta root for your hometown team, etc., etc.). I’ve never despised a coach as much as BOB.  I hate being that guy that roots for his team to lose to get a coaching change, but here we are. 

58 minutes ago, nnm said:

Since moving to the Houston area, I’ve been a Texans fan (gotta root for your hometown team, etc., etc.). I’ve never despised a coach as much as BOB.  I hate being that guy that roots for his team to lose to get a coaching change, but here we are. 

He won't get fired even if the Texans get destroyed today 

• Like 1

Andy Reid has like some ridiculously good record coming off a bye week. Dunno about ATS, but straight up its not the best circumstance.
Yeah but unlike regular season byes, they only had a week to prepare after knowing who the opponent was going to be. So the stat shouldn't be quite as relevant. I hope.

49 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Just saw on the news where the “Traveling Texans” took over KC’s Union Station and did a bunch of hootin and hollerin. Something about that seems familiar.....

probably had midnight yell practice too...

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

I will posit if the Texans win today, next week's game should not just be for the SB berth.

Play for the Oilers' records and colors to come back to their rightful home.

Now that would be some 'must see' TV.

Oh Texarch you crying little bitch.  LOlz.  aggy as fuck.

Edited by Iceman

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Wait doesn't conventional wisdom about Andy Reid and the KC Chiefs say they're historically playoff chokers?

Seriously.

Andy Reid is 12-14 in the playoffs and 2-5 at KC.

But it's unpossible that they lose a playoff game at home against a team that already beat them at home this season.

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Seriously.

But it's unpossible that they lose a playoff game at home against a team that already beat them at home this season.

Smarmy cock sucker!!!!

Out in Vegas today.  JFC I have never seen so many grown drunk ass men in NFL jerseys out here.  Douchebag quotient this weekend has been met.

Torn about this game, don't think the Texans win.  If the Texans do win I do not want them to get beat at home by the Titans.  I hate BoB and he is the only reason I am thinking this way.

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Like 2

I’m not oblivious to it. I suppose if Green Bay wins today they’re gonna get beat 30-8 again in SF?  I just don’t think a Week 6 regular season game has any bearing on this game and obviously Vegas agrees. 
Perhaps you want to make a wager as well. Y’all let me know. 
What pts/odds are you offering?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Seriously.

If you are going to bring up the playoff record of Reid, what is the playoff record of Bill O'Brien? If people bring up past choke jobs for KC and Reid, how about that the texans have never won a divisional round game in the history of their franchise that includes their Oilers games? The term Choke City comes from the Oilers teams. All that on both sides means nothing today. For one, Watson was not the QB for those teams and Mahomes was not either. This is a new era for both teams. To include what Reid did with Alex Smith means nothing now or what the Texans did with whatever spare QB they were running out there means nothing. I have seen people bring up KC beating Houston 30-0 in 2015 playoffs. Like what the hell does that have to do with now? Both have different teams now, especially at QB.

• Like 1

Choke city is actually a Rockets term but the Oilers earned it as well during the warren moon era.   And i agree that playoff records by coaches mean little.  Most coaches, even HOF types, have poor playoff records.  There are so few games so being .500 in the playoffs is outstanding over a long career. Coaches like Belichick or Lombardi are the extreme examples.

36 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If you are going to bring up the playoff record of Reid, what is the playoff record of Bill O'Brien? If people bring up past choke jobs for KC and Reid, how about that the texans have never won a divisional round game in the history of their franchise that includes their Oilers games? The term Choke City comes from the Oilers teams. All that on both sides means nothing today. For one, Watson was not the QB for those teams and Mahomes was not either. This is a new era for both teams. To include what Reid did with Alex Smith means nothing now or what the Texans did with whatever spare QB they were running out there means nothing. I have seen people bring up KC beating Houston 30-0 in 2015 playoffs. Like what the hell does that have to do with now? Both have different teams now, especially at QB.

The comparison of coaches' records is relevant.  The difference is that pundits are acting like one of these losers simply can't lose.

The comparison to the Choke City Oilers would be relevant if Warren Moon and Ernest Givens were playing today.  I don't expect them to.

Look, I'm not saying Houston should be favored.  But acting as if they shouldn't even suit up is dumb as hell.  The Titans didn't have a chance last night, either.  Etc.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 4