Texans @ Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round

Vic Mackey

49 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Agree with most everything you said but 2015’s game had the same 2 head coaches. Reid’s record note is laughable. He has 14 losses because his teams are generally always in the playoffs and not as a wild card. So, in a lot of his years, he’d go 0-1 or 1-1 - with QBs inferior (McNabb and Smith) to Mahomes. He was inches away from going 3-0 last year but lost a squeaker to NE and finished 1-1. It is very very difficult to have a winning playoff record in the NFL with the longevity Reid has had. 

Yes it was the same head coaches but both QBs were different not to mention the many other players. 4 years ago in the NFL is a lifetime. Especially when both QBs are different.

But I agree with Reid's record not being some huge indictment on him. It tells me he's coached in a shit ton of playoff games. If you are going to coach in that many, your record unless you are Belichik is not going to be outstanding. 

Reid is a damn good coach who gets all he can from his QBs. I mean until he wins it all or at least gets back again, he will still hold the stigma of not being able to get it done in the playoffs by many. Especially those choke jobs against Tenn being up 17 and up 30 something to the Colts and losing both. Those were with Alex Smith, though. I don't foresee that happening with Mahomes.

Can't help but think KC wins comfortably.  The KC defense isn't as good as Buffalo's but decent enough and at home.   The plus the fact a functioning retard of a QB who is very athletic but at the moment that's about it almost did enough last week to take care of the Texans on their home turf.  Oh and I'm not a fan or watcher but what little I have seen the Texans have a decided coaching disadvantage

36 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Can't help but think KC wins comfortably.  The KC defense isn't as good as Buffalo's but decent enough and at home.   The plus the fact a functioning retard of a QB who is very athletic but at the moment that's about it almost did enough last week to take care of the Texans on their home turf.  Oh and I'm not a fan or watcher but what little I have seen the Texans have a decided coaching disadvantage

I was more confident before I found out Chris Jones is out but I still think this is the case.  I've seen the Chiefs offense in the cold outdoors and it doesn't skip a beat.  The Texans will have to prove they can do that with their offense.  Also, while both teams are banged up the Texans are fighting more hamstring and groin pulls.  Those are the kind of injuries that are easy to aggravate in the cold.

• Fuck You 1