Mens Tennis 2020 season. Run it back?

perfectchaos007

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

So if TCU loses to Baylor and Texas beats Tech who wins the Big 12? TCU, Texas, and Baylor would all finish 3-1 with all 3 winning H2H matches. 

Ideally, if TCU lost to Tech and Baylor I think Texas would win the Big 12 since they own H2H against Baylor. Correct? 

I believe all three teams would be name regular season champs.

https://big12sports.com/news/2015/12/1/210574747.aspx

Here's the tiebreak procedure for seeding. If I'm not mistaken, the women's team had a four way tie for third several years ago and it went down to the last tiebreak determinate- using ITA ranking. Texas would hold the advantage against both teams if that were to happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

We're getting the 3 seed. ITA rankings are the tiebreaker and both TCU and Baylor are ranked higher than us.

I think they're using next week's ITA rankings. If that's the case, Texas is at 2, Baylor is at 3, and TCU is at around 6. Texas would be the number 1 seed.

3 minutes ago, Aleemay said:

I think they're using next week's ITA rankings. If that's the case, Texas is at 2, Baylor is at 3, and TCU is at around 6. Texas would be the number 1 seed.

This was my question. Do they use current or next week?

From Texassports:

Seeding for the 2021 Big 12 Tournament will take place based on the rankings of the three teams by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association this week after all other tiebreakers came up even between them. 

Edited by Js1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Interesting. I didn't think they would wait until Wednesday for the next rankings, but maybe they will. Certainly would benefit us

Seems likely since Big 12 sports already posted the women’s seeds but nada on the men.