68 Whiskey

RPM

14 minutes ago, RPM said:

From Ron Howard so this might not suck.

Two things:

1. That is the perfect expectation for a Ron Howard film. I'm serious. 
  2. I hate videos of film and TV creators talking about their work. Hate it unless there is some wit to it. Most of the time it's dorks wanting to get camera time to talk about their little show like it's really dealing in some heavy shit, man. Let me explain this world of soldiers to you. There's grit and camaraderie and action. No shit? Fuck you.

I never even came close to combat (unless you count the bars and VD in Juarez and dealing with parents of the local girls in Lawton, OK), but it was bugging the absolute shit out of me every time a group of them clustered together when they were supposedly in danger.

It does feel a bit like Vet TV.

Ron Howard needs to make a series called 88 Kilo, and style it exactly like Arrested Development.

41 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I hate videos of film and TV creators talking about their work. Hate it unless there is some wit to it. Most of the time it's dorks wanting to get camera time to talk about their little show like it's really dealing in some heavy shit, man.

Could have just posted the trailer, but I like listening to Opie.

35 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Can I watch this on CBS All Access?

Paramount Network

• Like 1

It looks like a two-hour Tv show pilot, hitting pretty much every required key stereotype. Even the style looks like studio lot with standard flat key lighting and recycled set props.

But I only saw a couple of minutes of it, so maybe the other 98 are better.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really liking this show. It's like Kelly's Heroes set in M*A*S*H. The 4 main characters Roback, Davis, Alvarez and Durkin are interesting. Plus Cristina Rodlo and Gage Golightly are hot af. I like the newb Petrocelli as comic relief. The goat makes me laugh. That story isn't over. The other backstories are interesting, too. I hope it gets picked up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can't believe there isn't more love for this show. Just finished S1 and it was great. Such a mashup (no pun intended) of military comedies. I'm sure the accuracy of military ops is complete horseshit, but I don't care. S1 was a fun ride and look forward to S2.

You can stream all episodes at Paramount Network with cable subscription.