jimmy johnson to canton

Hagbard Celine

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Hell yeah. That's awesome that they were able to tell him live on the air. Now put him in the Ring of Honor, you Arkansas piece of trash. 

jerry cost us at least 3, maybe 4 or 5 lombardis.  the cowboys under johnson would have continued to dominate to the turn of the century.

fuck you fucking pigfucker hillbilly

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Fuck the ring of honor, we all know. So happy to see that, amazing coach, amazing GM .... fuck you Jerry.

Bullshit. The Ring of Honor is a big fucking deal that's bigger than Jerry Jones and his desire to get credit for the 3 Super Bowls. He belongs up there with Landry. The beauty of this is now Jerry looks even more petty for not doing it earlier. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Bullshit. The Ring of Honor is a big fucking deal that's bigger than Jerry Jones and his desire to get credit for the 3 Super Bowls. He belongs up there with Landry. 

As long as Jerry is there, its Jerry's ring of honor, we all know Jimmy belongs. 

10 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

If you were around and of age in 1988 you know what jimmy means to all cowboy fans ... it wasn’t the era of parity or quick turnarounds, Jimmy built that team from the ground up ... soon you figured out you had the best coach in the NFL it was a magic ride 

Don't know what I loved more, "How 'bout them Cowboys?" or his Buddy Ryan fatass rant. The man had a way with words.

I grew up as a Cowboy fan.  Had Drew Pearson, Too Tall Jones and Roger Staubach posters on my walls.  Moved to Texas in '82 and my birthday present for 5 years was tickets to a game at Texas Stadium.  But then Jerry fired Landry and I lost some interest.  Jimmy won me over and the back to back Super Bowls had me rooting for them again.  But when Jerry ran Jimmy off and that Razorback redneck hired Switzer and decided monetizing the franchise was more important than the Star on the helmet, I was out. 

I'm glad Jimmy is in the HOF.   Seeing him get in tonight was very rewarding.

• Like 2

I’ll forever hate Jerry for ending what should have been one of the greatest runs in NFL history. Jimmy should be in the discussion of the best coaches ever instead of just a HOF’er. Congrats Jimmy and real football fans know what should have been the truth.

36 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

If you were around and of age in 1988 you know what jimmy means to all cowboy fans ... it wasn’t the era of parity or quick turnarounds, Jimmy built that team from the ground up ... soon you figured out you had the best coach in the NFL it was a magic ride 

Favorite was him calling into the radio show in 1993 and saying "We are going to beat the 49ers and you can put that in a 3-inch high headline!"  And then they went out and played just about the best first half that you'll ever see in an NFL game and it was over at half (Hey to Houston).  And when they asked him why he did that, he said because you don't win the game on Sunday; you win the game by how well you prepared on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and they had had a near-perfect week of practice, so he knew they would win.  

I tell that story to my students every semester, and very few of them get it, and most still try to study for tests the night before only.  

• Like 4