jimmy johnson to canton

Hagbard Celine

42 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

If you were around and of age in 1988 you know what jimmy means to all cowboy fans ... it wasn’t the era of parity or quick turnarounds, Jimmy built that team from the ground up ... soon you figured out you had the best coach in the NFL it was a magic ride 

I was 10 or 11 when Jones bought the Cowboys and brought in Johnson. I grew up hating the Cowboys and never saw them win shit, just like the Oilers. Then Johnson did what he did and while I never cheered for them, I couldn’t argue with any of it. Then that fucking idiot fired his wizard and brought in someone that I was rightly trained from birth forward to believe was an imp of satan, and I went right back to hatred. Johnson, given what we’ve seen from dipshit since, was a fucking miracle worker. I’d have loved to have been a Dallas fan during that era.

I didn’t know he wasn’t already in the HOF. Absurd that it took this long. 

• Like 1

No doubt. I also believe those 90s teams would have given ANY of the SB winners in the past 20 years more than they could handle. Those teams were in the GOAT list.

Those teams were 2 deep at every position. The only thing that stopped them from winning 5 or 6 Super Bowls was the salary cap and Jerry’s ego.
  • Like 3

Question- JJ has 80 career wins in the NFL. What's the lowest win total for a coach in the HOF (assuming this isn't it)? Goes to show the impact he had on the game during his short time at the top of the league. The Cowboys are *still* among the most valuable sports franchises in the world despite not having been relevant for pretty much the last two decades, and imo that is not the case without JJ and his time in Dallas. 

also, i did not know that he wasn't in the Cowboys Ring of Honor. LMAO, Jerry is so fucking petty. 

Edited by Goo Punch

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I didn't know he wasn't in the Cowboys hall of honor. I did learn this evening that Charles Haley is in it and Jimmy isn't, and that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. 

5 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

I’ve mentioned before my dad has Alzheimer’s and I watch him. He raised me on Cowboys football. We watch games every Sunday and he is losing the ability to follow the game. When this came on, he sparked up with tears in his eyes and was talking about the early 90’s Cowboys teams with a sparkle in his eye. He said Jimmy was way overdue for the HOF! We then reminisced about collecting all the Cowboy football cards when I was a kid. He’d take me to the card shop as a reward, for good report cards ha. It was amazing to have my dad spot on coherent. For a a bit. Sports are so much more than a game. Now I’m looking at my old sports cards and crying like a little bitch with nostalgia haha. 

that is fucking awesome hundredT.  fucking awesome.  fuck jerry for 25 years of inbred bitchassedness denying hundreds of thousands of departed cowboys fans.

i would like to ask him if he has any idea how reviled he is by cowboys nation.

here before you.

here after you.

here despite you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Question; JJ has 80 career wins in the NFL. What's the lowest win total for a coach in the HOF (assuming this isn't it)? Goes to show the impact he had on the game during his short time at the top of the league. 

Looks like as a guy who was purely a coach...JJ will have the lowest.  A few other guys lower, but looks like they played and coached in their careers (though the link says that they were inducted as a coach)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_head_coaches_with_50_wins

Edit...I'm assuming nobody with less than 50 wins as a coach is in the HoF

Edited by Surly Bevo

I’ve mentioned before my dad has Alzheimer’s and I watch him. He raised me on Cowboys football. We watch games every Sunday and he is losing the ability to follow the game. When this came on, he sparked up with tears in his eyes and was talking about the early 90’s Cowboys teams with a sparkle in his eye. He said Jimmy was way overdue for the HOF! We then reminisced about collecting all the Cowboy football cards when I was a kid. He’d take me to the card shop as a reward, for good report cards ha. It was amazing to have my dad spot on coherent for a while. Sports are so much more than a game. Now I’m looking at my old sports cards and crying like a little bitch with nostalgia haha. 

This is legitimately beautiful.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

if we can get Drew and Cliff in also, some wrongs will have been righted...the ONLY 2 first team NFL 70's all decade team players not to be inducted.

Woodson woudl be icing on the cake.

It is just fucking absurd that Drew Pearson is not in the HoF, and he hasn't ever even been put up for vote even, IIRC.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hate said:

Those teams were 2 deep at every position. The only thing that stopped them from winning 5 or 6 Super Bowls was the salary cap and Jerry’s ego.

the 3rd Super Bowl in a row would have been the crowning achievement  of the 90s Cowboys and set them apart from any dynasty in NFL history ....but that hillbilly fucker ran off the coach.....never forgive him for that....  they were a shitty start and couple of penalties away in NFC championship from doing it anyway with Barry Switzer ..fml 

37 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Question- JJ has 80 career wins in the NFL. What's the lowest win total for a coach in the HOF (assuming this isn't it)? Goes to show the impact he had on the game during his short time at the top of the league. The Cowboys are *still* among the most valuable sports franchises in the world despite not having been relevant for pretty much the last two decades, and imo that is not the case without JJ and his time in Dallas. 

also, i did not know that he wasn't in the Cowboys Ring of Honor. LMAO, Jerry is so fucking petty. 

It might be Lombardi with only 96.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The top 2 leading tacklers in cowboys history are not in. 

Howley not in is so ridiculous I've stopped even talking about it.  5 X FIRST TEAM ALL PRO and 1 2nd team.  25 career interceptions as a LB.  in 2 back to back super bowls he had fumble, forced fumble, and 3 picks and was an MVP.

Nobis would be very nice.  not his fault he played for the Falcons.

Good for Jimmy and yeah fuck that fuck Jones.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It is just fucking absurd that Drew Pearson is not in the HoF, and he hasn't ever even been put up for vote even, IIRC.

ssb/  Drew lived in my neighborhood growing up and right across the street from one of my best friends in high school.  he used to come play basketball with us in the offseason.  really nice guy.  we were outside his house when he came home from the hospital after the accident that killed his brother and ended his career. it was very sad. He would have probably played a couple more years and had some more stats that might have put him over the top earlier.

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I was 10 or 11 when Jones bought the Cowboys and brought in Johnson. I grew up hating the Cowboys and never saw them win shit, just like the Oilers. Then Johnson did what he did and while I never cheered for them, I couldn’t argue with any of it. Then that fucking idiot fired his wizard and brought in someone that I was rightly trained from birth forward to believe was an imp of satan, and I went right back to hatred. Johnson, given what we’ve seen from dipshit since, was a fucking miracle worker. I’d have loved to have been a Dallas fan during that era.

And they held their training camp at St. Ed’s during those years so you could see it happening up close.

9 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Howley not in is so ridiculous I've stopped even talking about it.  5 X FIRST TEAM ALL PRO and 1 2nd team.  25 career interceptions as a LB.  in 2 back to back super bowls he had fumble, forced fumble, and 3 picks and was an MVP.

Nobis would be very nice.  not his fault he played for the Falcons.

Good for Jimmy and yeah fuck that fuck Jones.  

And the Super Bowl MVP is the only time the losing team has ever had the MVP.  For some reason there is a bias against that 70's era Cowboys team. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dcar00 said:

if we can get Drew and Cliff in also, some wrongs will have been righted...the ONLY 2 first team NFL 70's all decade team players not to be inducted.

Woodson woudl be icing on the cake.

This X a thousand. Drew also.

edit- I'm a dumb ass. Can't read. Saw Cliff and in old noggin saw Charlie.

Edited by EastTexan

8 hours ago, TexasMan said:

This is great. Most on here have played sports at some level and probably have a coach that was an influence. We have known for years that Jimmy was that to Troy.

If Jerry had not screwed it up, there's no telling how many SB's the Cowboys would have won. At least Jimmy got his recognition.

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

Bullshit. The Ring of Honor is a big fucking deal that's bigger than Jerry Jones and his desire to get credit for the 3 Super Bowls. He belongs up there with Landry. The beauty of this is now Jerry looks even more petty for not doing it earlier. 

Jerry likely lobbied to keep Jimmy out of Canton for years.

Because that’s what jealous ego maniacs do.

15 hours ago, michaelpshayes said:

If you were around and of age in 1988 you know what jimmy means to all cowboy fans ... it wasn’t the era of parity or quick turnarounds, Jimmy built that team from the ground up ... soon you figured out you had the best coach in the NFL it was a magic ride 

Guy was a genius.  The Hershel Walker trade might go down as one of the best ever.  In a three year span, Johnson drafted the likes of Emmitt Smith, Jimmie Jones, Kenneth Gant,  Russell Maryland, Alvin Harper, Erik Williams, Leon Lett, Dixon Edwards, Kelvin Pritchett, Godfrey Myles, Larry Brown, Darren Woodson, Kevin Smith and Clayton Holmes.  Or how he then traded for Novacek, and defensive backs Issiac Holt, and James.

Minus a Leon Lett brainfart and a gifted title to that cock-gobbler Switzer:  Jimmy had the stage set for FIVE superbowl wins.  

5 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Jerry likely lobbied to keep Jimmy out of Canton for years.

Because that’s what jealous ego maniacs do.

I doubt Jerry would lobby to keep him out but I wouldn't doubt that Jerry didn't push him because he wanted to get in before Jimmy.  Jimmy cutting his NFL career short didn't help him.  I wish he had sucked it up for 2 years, won 2 more super bowls and mic dropped but I understand why he did it.

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

Jerry saying the stars were aligned for Jimmy in Dallas, jackass

This all makes Jerry look like an even bigger douche bag —if that was even possible.

A douche cart? A douche wagon? 

No- a douche  supertanker.

Edited by El Squared

17 minutes ago, El Squared said:

This all makes Jerry look like an even bigger douche bag —if that was even possible.

A douche cart? A douche wagon? 

No- a douche  supertanker.

Absolutely unpossible.

And just look at that connection between Aikman and JJ.

You think one person (maybe besides his son) would have that kinda reaction if Jerrah were inducted?

Oh, who am I kidding.  There's a bunch of single digit IQ types who'd probably bawl for that fuck.

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Jerry’s tweet that Jimmy is finally getting recognized for what he was “a great coach”  smelled of butt hurt by Jerry for not being seen as the architect of those teams. 

Jerry is such a fucking piece of shit. 

Yeah, pretty sure Jimmy doesn't need Jerry's "affirmation" but thanks anyway Mr. Gloryhole.

I always forget that Jimmy and Jerry are the same age. Jimmy looks so much better. Jerry has had obvious work done and still looks like a preserved corpse most of the time. Also, I love what Jimmy did and am a big fan. But he really didn't coach all that long and his tenure in Miami wasn't very good. Is the HOF allowed to take into consideration his work at Fox as a longstanding member of an iconic pre-game team? Or is two super bowls with the iconic Dallas Cowboys enough.

I also hadn't really thought or noticed that Jimmy isn't in the ROH. That is fucking stupid. Time for Jerry to fucking man up. Maybe if his new sleepover buddy McCarthy can get him another ring he'll be ready to move on and do the right thing.

Edited by 'stache

11 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Absolutely unpossible.

And just look at that connection between Aikman and JJ.

You think one person (maybe besides his son) would have that kinda reaction if Jerrah were inducted?

Oh, who am I kidding.  There's a bunch of single digit IQ types who'd probably bawl for that fuck.

If he were inducted?