"Top Men" at ESPN rank the 150 best college football players of all-time; VY #81, Bush #61

aggie08

Don't shoot the messenger! Top 25 to be unveiled today.

A blue-ribbon panel of 150 media members, college administrators, and former coaches and players accepted the responsibility of selecting the best players in the history of the game. Nearly all of their work is presented here.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/cfb150players/greatest-players-college-football-150-year-history-26-150

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That's fucking stupid.

Yeah, there's no consistency whatsoever. Initially, it seems like they're valuing longevity and career accomplishments over short stints of true greatness, but then they have players like Larry Fitzgerald at #46--a guy who only played two seasons, just one in the spotlight (a damn great season that should have won him a Heisman over that cunt Jason White, but still), and whose team accomplished absolutely nothing.

Earl will be in the top 25 and Vince should be up there just barely above Earl IMHO. I never thought I'd watch a Longhorn equal Earl let alone surpass him. Ricky was great as well. Should all be top 25, but I don't let this shit bother me much. It's what they seek to do. I also don't know how you factor in guys most of us have never seen like Layne and Nobis of Texas and hundreds of other past greats from other schools.

Nobody will care about this list in a couple of months, so they'll generate a new rating of something to rustle the jimmies.

Gee, I wonder why an Aggie started this thread. Has J. Manziel been named yet? Mason jars must be at the ready up in College Station and anywhere yokels decked out in too much maroon congregate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Gee, I wonder why an Aggie started this thread. Has J. Manziel been named yet? Mason jars must be at the ready up in College Station and anywhere yokels decked out in too much maroon congregate.

Are you under the impression that I'm stupid enough to think that there's a chance in hell that Manziel will make the Top 25?

4 minutes ago, mr.goodkat said:

any list that has adrian peterson , eddie george and that trans am stealing fuck ahead of ricky has zero credibility . vy at 81 is silly talk 

Yeah, that's some extraordinarily deficient "thinking".  Ricky outran even Adrian Peterson comparing only Fr-Jr years, while spending the first two years at FULLBACK.  None of them could touch him on yardage, yards per carry, etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Are you under the impression that I'm stupid enough to think that there's a chance in hell that Manziel will make the Top 25?

Well, I'm stupid enough to think so. He was electric, and he is relatively recent.

Somehow, I'm ending up on the wrong side of this argument. Well played, sir.

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Well, I'm stupid enough to think so. He was electric, and he is relatively recent.

Somehow, I'm ending up on the wrong side of this argument. Well played, sir.

Truthfully, I created this thread to vehemently argue that John David Crow deserves to be at least 103. 109 is an insult!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Darren Sproles had a better college career than Peterson.  Him over Ricky is dumb.  Ricky has a legit argument as the best running back in college football history.

Yeah, Peterson wasn't even in the same zip code as Ricky in college.

In college.

Laughable

24 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

They’ll put him top 25. 

I think they already met their attention-whoring, hot-headed, ad-libbing short QB quota.  Baker Mayfield played 4 seasons, winning 11, 11, and 12 games in his last 3, also won a Heisman, and actually played in playoff games...and he's at #150.

...though he never beat Bama once in November, so who knows with ESPN.

55 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Darren Sproles had a better college career than Peterson.  Him over Ricky is dumb.  Ricky has a legit argument as the best running back in college football history.

Yeah I’m biased but not even my dumbass would put Adrian within 50 spots of Ricky.  This is a college list.  Maybe all of the panelists were not made aware?  

Let’s be honest, they fuck these lists up all the time on purpose so suckers like us discuss ‘em.  At least I didn’t give it a click.  

***You won’t believe what number 7 is doing today***

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Let’s be honest, they fuck these lists up all the time on purpose so suckers like us discuss ‘em.  At least I didn’t give it a click.  

***You won’t believe what number 7 is doing today***

Normally, I'd agree. Just more click bait bullshit. But they are revealing the Top 11 (I wonder who #11 is to make the TV cutoff) at halftime of the fucking National Championship Game. So they're pretty proud of themselves with this list.