2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

1 hour ago, immamac said:

ass tier fight - this girl was a world champion boxer? coulda fooled me she can't box for shit.

Holly's old and slow, but in her day she was a very legit striker.

And I can't enjoy women's MMA, either.  There are a few exceptions, like Cyborg, but not many.  It's like women's basketball.  I guess it would seem better if men's basketball didn't exist, but it does.

6 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Cerrone needs to retire immediately. Dude's washed up and punch drunk. That was a sham from the beginning and now they'll give him a title shot 

Won't they do Conor vs Masvidal first? With the ESPN hype machine behind it it will be the most hyped fight of all time and a huge money maker. Winner of that gets a title shot. Either guy in a title fight is less of a draw and they can't risk one guy losing and fucking up that potential hype.

8 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Won't they do Conor vs Masvidal first? With the ESPN hype machine behind it it will be the most hyped fight of all time and a huge money maker. Winner of that gets a title shot. Either guy in a title fight is less of a draw and they can't risk one guy losing and fucking up that potential hype.

I hope they do. Masvidal is just too big and skilled for the Goose though so it would put the Goose at big time risk for another L. 

35 minutes ago, immamac said:

why is it a 5 round fight with no belt on the line - also why the fuck is it at welterweight weird ass fight

main card fights can be 5 rounds, its at welterweight because Conor didn't want to cut weight and wanted to play around in another division.

They need to make a 162# division, so that all these guys that have to cut too much to get to 55 can just have their own division. The 170 division has all these huge guys cutting down to 170 that the next level of guys cant fight because they are too small. This is the most talented and exciting weight classes, 170 and 155, but there is too big of a gap between em. Delete the 125 manlets and put in an inbetween division in the best and most exciting division. 

That first Conor punch was aimed 4' behind Cowboys face lol shit

Conor's hair didn't even get messed up. 

Conor Vs. Masvidal next, unless Tony beats Khabib. Then Tony v. Conor is coming. 

I think Tony has a good chance to beat Khabib, just because his mindset isn't to avoid or escape the wrestlefuck. He's going to go right back at Khabib in the wrestling exchanges instead of just trying to get out. Khabib is the master of positioning when the other guy is trying to get away. Nobody has gone right back at him and try to put him on his back. If there's anybody that has a bunch of weird guards and sweeps, its Tony. 10th planet.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Fuck it, I'm still a Cowboy fan.  The guy has a made a career of fighting anybody, often on short notice, and putting on good fights.  He's basically Nate Diaz, but likable.

Nate Diaz doesn't have a family or a life, just weed. Cowboy's got it made, he earned this money fight I'm glad he got it. Too bad he didn't give Conor a real tune-up. Conor's cardio is still in question after those years of drinking and doing blow...

Dana White and McGregor need to maximize $$$ via a career comeback buildup. Master marketing. Masvidal would have beat him at this point and that would have thrown off his comeback or excitement that he’s a force again.

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

I hope they do. Masvidal is just too big and skilled for the Goose though so it would put the Goose at big time risk for another L. 

Masvidal is a good fighter, but I'm not buying the hype about him being some unstoppable force just because he's won 3 in a row.  He's also lost 13 times and he's 35 and I don't think he magically figured out how to never lose again when he was 34.  I think Conor has a very good chance in that fight. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stunns38 said:

Dana White and McGregor need to maximize $$$ via a career comeback buildup. Master marketing. Masvidal would have beat him at this point and that would have thrown off his comeback or excitement that he’s a force again.

Yep, Conor had not won a UFC fight in 3 years or some crazy shit.

I think Masvidal beats him no matter what. He's way bigger. Masvidal should just fight snoozeman for the title next. Conor should get back into a division he has a chance in.

2 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Didn't even break a sweat, all he has to do is change and hit up the club.

Hopefully he takes it easy on the drinking, he kind of fucked his entire life up drinking and drugging too much.

Man Joe Rogain between these two ESPN goons lol wtf 

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Masvidal is a good fighter, but I'm not buying the hype about him being some unstoppable force just because he's won 3 in a row.  He's also lost 13 times and he's 35 and I don't think he magically figured out how to never lose again when he was 34.  I think Conor has a very good chance in that fight. 

He's not an unstoppable force. I think Usman beats him. But he's a lot bigger and a better boxer. He might be the best boxer in the sport and in a match against a true lightweight where he doesn't have to worry about a takedown he has the advantage. 

42 minutes ago, Zavala said:

They need to make a 162# division, so that all these guys that have to cut too much to get to 55 can just have their own division. The 170 division has all these huge guys cutting down to 170 that the next level of guys cant fight because they are too small.

If anything it seems like they would go to 155, 165, and 175.

6 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

he has that option.  thats a big part of fighting (a predictably EASY match) at 170.... now dana can claim he has some legitimacy to fight usman, or masvidal.  whereas at 55 the top dog is khabib and is an unsolvable puzzle.  i also think that masvidal is just as a big of a seller as the rematch vs khabib (that he doenst deserve, but dana wants to do).

also masvidal smokes him.  masvidal's ufc were all close decisions.  the criticism was that he coasted, not that he gassed or was overpowered.  hes always displayed crisp boxing and lightning hand speed.  and hes fought and beaten bigger dudes.  it'll be a big-brother type beating against mcgregor, imo.

6 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Fuck it, I'm still a Cowboy fan.  The guy has a made a career of fighting anybody, often on short notice, and putting on good fights.  He's basically Nate Diaz, but likable.

thats exactly why i stopped being a fan of his.  he has no hunger.  shells up in all the big fights, and goes "aww shucks", rinse and repeat. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Regardless of the size difference and likely results, Masvidal vs McGregor for the BMF Belt will blow the lid off of PPV’s. And that’s all anybody really cares about.

That fight following a loss by either one of those guys loses its luster.

dana wants khabib.  which doesnt work, since khabib is already scheduled for spring. 

masvidal should fight usman, as that's the logical fight for that division.

so the only thing that makes sense, from a sporting perspective, is for conor to fight gaethje, to earn a shot at lightweight.  gaethje, coming off 3 consecutive KOs, and all 6 of his UFC fights were Fight/Performance of the night.

hell, they could put that on the Khabib card and it would wreck PPV records.

of course, because it makes sense, is why it wouldnt happen.  conor is off a contract, and wont want to be second-fiddle co-main to khabib