ss13

Dom just say he was up 3 takedowns to nothing? Lulz

Fuck you Cruz.

1. Damage

Lewis

2. Aggression

Lewis

3. Effective striking/grappling

Lewis, the takedowns by Latifi lead to a referee standup, ineffective grappling the rest of the fight just laying against the cage.

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Adesanya/Romero has FOTY potential.  Can't wait.

Hope Romero has enough in the tank to take em out. His last fight with Costa was embarrassing, he got the referee to stop the fight twice for extra rest lol, once a "eye poke" that the ref didn't see but Romero played up and the ref stopped the fight. Then a "groin strike" that the ref didn't see and Romero played up again. He's good at getting extra breaks lol.

If Adesanya fight his counterpunching he's gonna win. If Romero finally just goes for ground and pound he could have a good chance. Adesanya doesn't have the frame to deal with Romero's wrestling, I just don't know if Romero has dangerous GnP or just good wrestling.

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

Hope Romero has enough in the tank to take em out. His last fight with Costa was embarrassing, he got the referee to stop the fight twice for extra rest lol, once a "eye poke" that the ref didn't see but Romero played up and the ref stopped the fight. Then a "groin strike" that the ref didn't see and Romero played up again. He's good at getting extra breaks lol.

If Adesanya fight his counterpunching he's gonna win. If Romero finally just goes for ground and pound he could have a good chance. Adesanya doesn't have the frame to deal with Romero's wrestling, I just don't know if Romero has dangerous GnP or just good wrestling.

If I had to guess, it's Adesanya by decision, but Romero is explosive enough that he can (maybe) hurt Adesanya and make it a barn burner.  I wouldn't give Romero more than maybe a 25% chance of winning, but he's almost impossible to finish and he'll stand and bang and probably get a takedown or two, so it looks like a good matchup.  Unless Romero's age is finally catching up to him...  

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If I had to guess, it's Adesanya by decision, but Romero is explosive enough that he can (maybe) hurt Adesanya and make it a barn burner.  I wouldn't give Romero more than maybe a 25% chance of winning, but he's almost impossible to finish and he'll stand and bang and probably get a takedown or two, so it looks like a good matchup.  Unless Romero's age is finally catching up to him...  

Romero ain't gonna last 5 rounds win or lose imo.

This fight is pretty good, I picked Bektic but didn't really know much about these guys. Ige is whoopin ass 

2 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

That Ige Bektic fight was definitely 1/1/draw. Neither guy really won it.

They need to delete most the guys in that division, so boring when there's no knockout power or real submission attempts. Both guys are fighting for a decision. 

They need to bring back the yellow card for stalling and a $ deduction like pride lol

Just now, Zavala said:

They need to bring back the yellow card for stalling and a $ deduction like pride lol

Pride was superior to the UFC in just about every way.  The stalling yellow card, 10 fights a night with pretty much no bullshit in between, judges who scored the fight in its entirety instead of by rounds, knees on the ground (north/south = sleep), all of it, man.  I miss Pride.

• Like 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

Pride was superior to the UFC in just about every way.  The stalling yellow card, 10 fights a night with pretty much no bullshit in between, judges who scored the fight in its entirety instead of by rounds, knees on the ground (north/south = sleep), all of it, man.  I miss Pride.

Don't forget the superior ring instead of the cage. Tiny Chinamen trying to keep these big juiced up killers from falling out of the ring was so clutch. Plus it's a nice waist high handle to balance for some head stomps and soccer kicks to the head.

But I see why they banned the fun stuff, they got labeled as a "blood sport" for a while and we're getting banned in some states. 

• Like 1

Mirko Cro Cop "Right kick, hospital.  Left kick, cemetery."

Rampage's powerbomb slam on Arona.

Little Igor Vovchanchyn handing out naps to heavyweights.

Vanderlei in his terrifying prime.

Sakuraba beating the entire Gracie family then getting almost killed by Vanderlei.

FEDOR.

UFC was always AAA.  Pride was the big leagues.

• Like 1

Lol the Kraken is a chinlet - not a good way to be at HW.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Mirko Cro Cop "Right kick, hospital.  Left kick, cemetery."

Rampage's powerbomb slam on Arona.

Little Igor Vovchanchyn handing out naps to heavyweights.

Vanderlei in his terrifying prime.

Sakuraba beating the entire Gracie family then getting almost killed by Vanderlei.

FEDOR.

UFC was always AAA.  Pride was the big leagues.

Yeah wasn't Bas Rutten an announcer too?

Wand was my all time favorite. Too bad he didn't come to UFC as a young juiced up killer

Edited by Zavala

WOO man that high kick was nice, too much toes not enough shin.

JJ patented head movement defense is turning into the left instead of away.

Don't know if Reyes gonna be able to do this for 4 or 5 rounds.

His knee may get hyper extended any moment by these low sidekicks.