2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

I'm starting to hate watching Jones fights for the corruption as well as he knows he's getting the benefit of a corrupt system so he only really tries to fight half way. He doesn't go out to win just survive and let the corrupt system hand him another one. 

Unless he moves up and fights Stipe or Ngannou this is probably the last Jones fight I watch. I'd be royally pissed if I ever paid money for one of his fights. 

Just now, Junior Miller said:

I'm starting to hate watching Jones fights for the corruption as well as he knows he's getting the benefit of a corrupt system so he only really tries to fight half way. He doesn't go out to win just survive and let the corrupt system hand him another one. 

Unless he moves up and fights Stipe or Ngannou this is probably the last Jones fight I watch. I'd be royally pissed if I ever paid money for one of his fights. 

It's independent retarded boxing judges every fight mandated by the sanctioning bodies in each state. Nothing to do with UFC.

But please, don't watch anymore JBJ. 

mind-the-glap-one-mans-love-affair-with-

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That judge should be forced to explain how he came to that conclusion. Reyes CLEARLY won rounds 1 and 3. 

This.

I'm trying to figure out how anyone has it 48-47 for JBJ.  Which of the first three rounds are you giving him?

Now which TWO of the first three are you giving him for a 49-46?

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol stfu Cruz. “A take down is a take down” 

no the fuck it isn’t. If a guy pops right back up and there was no damage, that shouldn’t count for shit.

Yeah it counts as a takedown with 0 seconds of control. Octagon control 90% control for Bones. 

I think it should be like 33 judges instead of 3. More 10-8 rounds for complete domination. Judges that understand MMA instead of pillow hug.

1 minute ago, JohnnyRage said:

You're not going to take away the belt of a grand champion losing the final two rounds. It is what it is.

And I can live with that.  If a judge gave JBJ one of the first three rounds on the benefit of the doubt because he's a legend, okay, so be it.

But who in their right mind was actually sitting there after Rd 3 with Jones AHEAD in that fight?  There's no fucking way.  My mom would've gotten that one right and she's never seen an MMA match in her life.

1 minute ago, JohnnyRage said:

You're not going to take away the belt of a grand champion losing the final two rounds. It is what it is.

I was messing with streams during that first round, but the numbers looked obvious.

Go back and watch the fight, the numbers are the numbers, but don't explain the octagon control, variation of strikes, take downs, damage, aggression, ect...

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This.

I'm trying to figure out how anyone has it 48-47 for JBJ.  Which of the first three rounds are you giving him?

Now which TWO of the first three are you giving him for a 49-46?

I might be getting rounds 2 and 3 mixed up, but one of the first 3 rounds was close enough that I’m not surprised they gave it to jones. 4 and 5 were pretty dominant though. It is what it is. I don’t know how anyone can say Reyes got flat out robbed, but 49-46 judge should be judging his last UFC card. This shit is too important to guys that have laid it all on the line for a rouge judge to pull some BS like that. 

Just now, TexArcher said:

And I can live with that.  If a judge gave JBJ one of the first three rounds on the benefit of the doubt because he's a legend, okay, so be it.

But who in their right mind was actually sitting there after Rd 3 with Jones AHEAD in that fight?  There's no fucking way.  My mom would've gotten that one right and she's never seen an MMA match in her life.

It's dudes watching their first few mma fights judging, blame Texas department of licensing and regulation.

It would be best to just pay off the commissions and have an independent judging and officiating company that rolls to all UFC fights. I'm sure the UFC would prefer that but these boxing commissions want to be involved.

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I might be getting rounds 2 and 3 mixed up, but one of the first 3 rounds was close enough that I’m not surprised they gave it to jones. 4 and 5 were pretty dominant though. It is what it is. I don’t know how anyone can say Reyes got flat out robbed, but 49-46 judge should be judging his last UFC card. This shit is too important to guys that have laid it all on the line for a rouge judge to pull some BS like that. 

Yeah, the UFC can do nothing except bitch about it. They can't control what dumbass judges and officials the commissions employ. 

Shit the rules aren't even adopted the same everywhere

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Round 1 Jon got outstruck on numbers but got the best blow in with the big head kick. Round 3 Reyes was already gassed.

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

Round 1 Jon got outstruck on numbers but got the best blow in with the big head kick. Round 3 Reyes was already gassed.

There is no fucking chance anyone gave round 1 to jones. No chance. If anything, that’s the only round rouge judge gave to Reyes. But I’d be curious to see his score card.

16 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol stfu Cruz. “A take down is a take down” 

no the fuck it isn’t. If a guy pops right back up and there was no damage, that shouldn’t count for shit.

Hate this shit so much. Why does a takedown matter if you do no damage? This is a fight. If you take somebody down in a fight and they get up immediately, you're still in the fuckin same fight. Now if I land somebelbows, or if I slam the fuck out of somebody and hurt them, that's different. But a takedown with nothing after is pointless. 

17 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Hate this shit so much. Why does a takedown matter if you do no damage? This is a fight. If you take somebody down in a fight and they get up immediately, you're still in the fuckin same fight. Now if I land somebelbows, or if I slam the fuck out of somebody and hurt them, that's different. But a takedown with nothing after is pointless. 

Even though it’s boring as shit, I’ll give you a little more credit if you’re holding them down and they can’t get up (even if you don’t really do any damage). But when they literally pop right back up like Reyes was doing tonight, that shouldn’t count for anything. If anything, it should count against the guy who attempted the takedown.

But were also talking about king decision Dominick Cruz, so he’s always going to play the angle of getting to a decision with no damage lol.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

From a guy on another site... 

Media scores are in. 14 of 20 had it for Reyes. Ok so I'm not crazy. Thought it was a close fight although clearly leaning toward Reyes.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/10877/Jon-Jones-vs-Dominick-Reyes

All 20 had it 3-2 for either fighter. So the guy who scored it 4-1 for Jones should lose his job. He has only ever judged 10 MMA events and had multiple controversial scores this evening.

Dana White had it 3-2 Reyes according to the post fight conference.

45 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
6 hours ago, youdunnf said:
Dana also said in the post fight presser that he had Reyes 3-2. Wouldn’t be surprised if they run that one back. Sucks for Reyes though because now Jones has probably mentally downloaded all his shit. 

Jones doesn't give rematches to close fights.

Gus

Was on hand last night, Reyes put together as good a performance as posible. Place went crazy for him.

And while I agree the scoring could’ve just as soon gone his way, I think you have to definitively beat the Champ, not just edge him, if you’re gonna win on scorecards. Shitty, but I think that’s how the judges look at it.

I had it 3-2, Reyes. I don't mind the decision as the champ should get the nod unless it was taken from him. But 4-1 is laughable. And if you are going to give credit for takedown, then give credit for an escape.

Also Reyes wasn't moving backwards or avoiding the fight. He was moving side to side which is what you are supposed to do. Jones was not initiating anymore than Reyes. 

Good fight. We should definitely run that one back.