2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

I knew it was over when Reyes' coach told him that he 'loved him'. Nothing wrong with that, but he hadn't said much else emphatically.

He should have spelled out the situation and emphasized every struggle that he has been through in life, then explained that the next five minutes will define your lion heart. There is no quit, there is no tomorrowland, there is no pain from no man that will end your desire to be champion.

...and then tell him that you love him.

4 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

I had it 3-2, Reyes. I don't mind the decision as the champ should get the nod unless it was taken from him. But 4-1 is laughable. And if you are going to give credit for takedown, then give credit for an escape.

Also Reyes wasn't moving backwards or avoiding the fight. He was moving side to side which is what you are supposed to do. Jones was not initiating anymore than Reyes. 

Good fight. We should definitely run that one back.

A takedown will always be > an escape. How fast or dramatic an escape should close the margin.

The champ was really pressing those last two rounds and scoring.

Reyes is the only one to blame for his cardio.

Just realized the last time Jones looked good was the 2nd Gustafson fight... "Coincidentally" the last time he was popped for doping but then let off by changing the venue last second. Looks like Bones isn't the best unless he's doping.

Yeah, anyone they'll spend the money to move the entire venue for to allow to cheat they'll definitely fix the scoring for to allow to win. 

Here's how I see Diego Sanchez taking the pussy way out. He's earned it. Most importantly he doubles his purse in one of his final fights. And he is not a loser in front of a home crowd, sort of.
Yeah I love Diego's dumbass. Kind of shocked he bitched out given his history, but then again at this point in his career I don't really blame him. Probably the first time in his fighting career he used his head over his heart.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Scraps said:
On 2/15/2020 at 9:46 PM, JohnnyRage said:
Here's how I see Diego Sanchez taking the pussy way out. He's earned it. Most importantly he doubles his purse in one of his final fights. And he is not a loser in front of a home crowd, sort of.

Yeah I love Diego's dumbass. Kind of shocked he bitched out given his history, but then again at this point in his career I don't really blame him. Probably the first time in his fighting career he used his head over his heart.

Pulled a Cerrone. Taking shots so go ahead and bow out and collect the check. That's just the stage in their careers they are both in. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

I hope you are not referring to blowing his broken nose.

No, taking a few shoulder shots from McGregor and going into turtle mode. He was backing down and shell shocked before he took the kick. The fight with Ferguson he was still actually trying to fight through it but I believe after that is the point he said fuck this I'm just going to cash grab from now on. Can't blame him. 

4 hours ago, ss13 said:

I like Felder a lot as a commentator, so probably best for fans if he loses. Not much else really. 

https://www.espn.com/mma/fightcenter/_/id/401185213

I like him too (both as a commentator and a fighter) but I wish he would’ve gotten out of commentator mode when conor kinda called him out after his last fight against Cowboy.

At the 3:20 mark 

Division is worthless anyway. 

The UFC was set to usher in a new era for its flyweight division in Saturday's UFC Fight Night main event. Now only one of the participants is even eligible to win the title.

Brazilian flyweight Deiveson Figueiredo (17-1) weighed in at 127.5 pounds on Friday, 2.5 pounds over the 125-pound limit for the flyweight title fight. His opponent, Joseph Benavidez (28-5), made weight at 124.5 pounds. The bout will still headline UFC Fight Night inside Chartway Arena, but Figueiredo will not claim the flyweight title even if he's successful.

Benavidez, 35, will become the flyweight champion if he wins. He will also receive 30% of Figueiredo's purse.

On 3/5/2020 at 9:32 PM, ss13 said:

I actually think this card is worse than Conor’s last one. 

https://www.espn.com/mma/fightcenter/_/id/401189215/league/ufc

They have too many events now. That midge fight from last Saturday should have been an undercard fight here. They should limit to one ESPN fight night and one PPV per month. Is this O'Malley's first fight in about 18 or so months?

Edited by Junior Miller

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Charisma.  From a sporting point of view, there's no way someone with his recent record should be fighting for a belt.

I don’t study him too much, but he seems like a quiet and nice outside of the ring, other than on the JRE Podcast. And in the ring he’s patient.

Charisma...that’s Israel, a bit weird but he chooses to go with being himself. He hasn’t lost his way.

I’ll probably have to search for a replay later tonight.

3 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

They have too many events now. 

No shit.  I miss the old days when you got about 5 or 6 UFCs and 5 or 6 Prides a year.  Those things were events.  Stacked cards.  Get together with your buddies and grill all day, play some poker, and fights at night.

Now most of us just wait until the headliner to stream it because the other 9 fights are guys who used to be fighting on riverboats in Rage in the Cage.  Meh.