2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

On 3/21/2020 at 9:46 PM, Bill Brasky said:

AXS TV had some previously unaired fights on last night, it was decent fighting but the commentary was the worst I have ever heard 

I didn't see it but i assume it was not Legacy. Those were good fights and Ron Kruck and Pat Militech are great announcers. I was pissed when the AXS and LFA deal ended, no idea what happened. The Combate or whatever it is called they have showed recently is not good   

Serial dumbass Jon Jones arrested again. I'm so done with this fuck, just go away already.

https://www.koat.com/article/mma-fighter-jon-bones-jones-arrested-for-dwi/31942301#

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Mixed Martial Arts fighter Jon “Bones” Jones was arrested on charges of driving under the influence, negligent use of a firearm and possession of an open counter early Thursday morning.

According to a criminal complaint, officers responded to the area of 3rd Street and Central Avenue just after 1 a.m. in reference to gunshots fired. When they arrived they found Jones inside his vehicle with the engine on. Jones told police he did not know anything about the shots fired.

Officers noticed signs of intoxication and police say Jones admitted to officers that he had been driving earlier and intended to drive now.

Police say Jones consented to a sobriety test and performed poorly on it. Police add that when he was given a Breathalyzer he tested at least twice above the legal limit.

After Jones was arrested police found a black handgun under the driver’s seat and a half-empty bottle of Recuerdo 750ml behind the passenger seat.

Jones was charged with aggravated DWI, negligent use of a firearm and possession of an open container.

This is the fighter’s second DWI and he was arrested last year on battery charges.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Khabib is stuck in Dagestan after being told the fight won't happen in US and he needs to go back to Russia before borders are locked completely. This matchup is officially cursed. 

They're trying to find a name replacement like Gathje possibly. 

Dana white better get on the phone with trump, who better get on the phone with Putin so they can talk this thing out. 

No CR. Just bad jokes 

Holy shit that was light. And Big John was sure he'd do at least a little time. 

In the end the only color that matters most in this country is green. At this point I was hoping he'd just go away. His fights suck, he's a cheater, he gets gifted wins by just surviving, and he's a complete scumbag. There's nothing interesting about this guy anymore

Edited by Junior Miller

18 hours ago, ss13 said:

This will always be that moment for me, mainly because of all the build up and shit talking from that TUF series. 

On a different note, did i read something that said Tyron Woodley v Colby Covington might take over as main event for the Ferguson v Khabib fight? Definitely not what we’re looking for, but it would be an interesting consolation prize. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Dana is an idiot. The $80 pay per view model no longer works. He's had the last month to be the exclusive sport on TV indoctrinating millions of sports thirsty men and women. He should have been having 1-2 free events every week. He has a direct line to the White House to call in favors. They've got a tried and used no-audience-venue in their GD offices.

But instead UFC Fightnight Brazil, with the lowest ratings for an ESPN+ event, caused their vision to turtle up. And then to cling to an April 18th pay per view date that seems hella rushed...

I just live chatted canceling my non-existent ESPN+ account...

"Hey there, thanks. I just wanted to express to your company and especially to your parent company ABC, how disappointed I am in forcing the UFC to cancel their event. Americans are hungry for something to do and something to root for in this tough times. Instead of doing something for this country, ESPN is bowing to their stock prices and social justice warriors. It's cowardly. No good reason to cancel the event, it is one of the smaller sports where testing and care could have been good enough to mitigate negative consequences for the fighters and media staff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I just live chatted canceling my non-existent ESPN+ account...

"Hey there, thanks. I just wanted to express to your company and especially to your parent company ABC, how disappointed I am in forcing the UFC to cancel their event. Americans are hungry for something to do and something to root for in this tough times. Instead of doing something for this country, ESPN is bowing to their stock prices and social justice warriors. It's cowardly. No good reason to cancel the event, it is one of the smaller sports where testing and care could have been good enough to mitigate negative consequences for the fighters and media staff.

Edited by Wanker Bob

The UFC is moving forward with plans to hold three events in Florida within an eight-day period, beginning with UFC 249 on May 9, UFC president Dana White told ESPN on Friday.

White said the UFC also has booked cards for May 13 and May 16. All three cards will take place at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville without a live audience.

Official bouts for the cards on May 13 and 16 are being worked on and will be announced shortly, White said.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/29094417/ufc-schedules-three-fight-cards-led-ufc-249-9-florida-no-fans