2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

Dustin did his thing, gotta respect it. Felt like Hooker was out of the fight in the 4th and 5th. I was surprised they didn't remark on how he was scared to let his hands go. Compared to 1 and 2 when he had combos, body work, counter-punching.... He couldn't even throw a 1-2 without looking completely gassed in round 4. All takedown attempts. If it was boxing I would've guessed he broke a hand or something. 

26 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Too bad Masvidal has party mode vs fight ready mode.

He’s claiming he’s ready to fight right now if they wanna call him. So is Covington lol. I really would like to see them find a replacement instead of just booting this fight off the card. 

3 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Dana. Fight Island ain’t cheap, he needs those PPV buys. Volkanovski/Holloway don’t move the needle much. 

That would make the most sense, but it doesn’t seem like something Dana would do lol. I thought he would just choose another cheaper welterweight out of spite. Either way, let’s fucking go 

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

Off topic, and probably not new - Brendan Schaub cot the Corona and his wife left him for cheating.

I knew about the first thing. I didn’t know about his wife leaving him. He’s a fucking clown. He’s been talking like an idiot about covid for awhile now. 

• Like 1

I can't really argue with anything Usman said in that video.  I mean, Masvidal's won 3 fights in a row, and good for him, but there's an awful lot of hype on a guy with 13 losses.  Usman is 16-1 and the 1 was almost a decade ago.   Usman by lopsided decision, something like 49-46.

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I knew about the first thing. I didn’t know about his wife leaving him. He’s a fucking clown. He’s been talking like an idiot about covid for awhile now. 

Cut him some slack. He's gotten a lot funnier having spent so much time with Theo Von on The King And The Sting.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:08 AM, TexArcher said:

I can't really argue with anything Usman said in that video.  I mean, Masvidal's won 3 fights in a row, and good for him, but there's an awful lot of hype on a guy with 13 losses.  Usman is 16-1 and the 1 was almost a decade ago.   Usman by lopsided decision, something like 49-46.

Yeah.  Usman is pretty dominant in the division. 

I'm trying to draw parallels using the Covington fight.  Masvidal has sharper striking.  He's not as good wrestler, but was very good at neutralizing Maia's grappling.  (A fight that he should've won, and yes I realize Covington beat up Maia way worse...).  He's never shown stamina issues. 

I'd say if Usman establishes early his game of clinch and wrestling, it'll drain Masvidal and be an asswhooping.  If he stays conservative and cautious, Masvidal might just KO him. 

Maybe a -200 line for Usman?