2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

28 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

I'm scared for Adesanya.

I think if anyone can beat Adesanya, it's Costa.  But I also think there's a good chance that Izzy can make himself very hard to hit and score points from long range, and if he survives the first two rounds, Costa will gas and Izzy can win a decision fairly easily.

But man those first two rounds are gonna be dangerous.

On 8/19/2020 at 8:55 AM, Scraps said:

If Costa doesn't go full Romero and actually attacks he is going to fuck Adesanya up.

I could see adesanya counter punching the fuck out of Costa all night and ducking the heavy shots. But this is easily his toughest matchup, and it’s why he’s talking so much shit. He knows that.

3 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Probably not the winner.

It was a weird fight to judge. Frankie was kinda piecing him up with those combos, but you could tell Munoz was just walking straight through them. Plus Munoz definitely had the “octagon control” they always preach, and he clearly did more overall damage. I thought Munoz won, but nobody got robbed. Let’s put it that way. 

over 2/3rds of media and fans had it for munoz.  i found that strange. 

all the rounds were close.  nobody got wobbled.  nobody got a knockdown - except frankie lost balance from an early leg kick.  nobody looked to lose stamina.  the numbers were almost exact even.  face damage looked exact even.  and even for octagon control, it wasnt advance vs retreat, but rather frankie edgar strafing.

so if it comes down to an eye test, frankie looked sharper, quicker, landed more combos, and had take downs.  round by round basis, scored it easily 49-46 edgar, though the fight as a whole is closer than score indicates

Edited by 52-80

I'm thinking back to the major controversial fights, the Holloway and the Jones - Reyes.  There the loser had the opponent stunned or wobbled or retreating more than once. 

This wasn't like that.  Munoz hit him with single shots but Edgar ate it the same way Munoz ate uppercuts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

'Saturn' Ion Cutelaba...that's that guy got too cute in his last fight with the no rope rope-a-dope, and the ref stopped the fight. 

That’s impressive to get kicked off two separate cards for testing positive. 

And this fight will probably go well... 

There have been other issues with COVID-19 on this card, as well. Alex Caceresis fighting late replacement Austin Springer, who was just officially signed by the UFC on Wednesday. Giga Chikadze, Caceres' original opponent, tested positive for COVID-19 earlier in the week, per the UFC. Chikadze was replaced by new signee Kevin Croom, who then also tested positive for COVID-19, according to Croom's manager Jason House.