2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

i've gotten a little more into UFC over the years as my buddy generally guys all of the big fights, but i still really don't follow or know too much about the sport. tonight's fight is the first one that i'm going to actually buy and watch myself. other than the fact that Adesanya is captivating (he's the reason i'm buying this), what else should i know?

Edited by shadow_operative

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

i've gotten a little more into UFC over the years as my buddy generally guys all of the big fights, but i still really don't follow or know too much about the sport. tonight's fight is the first one that i'm going to actually buy and watch myself. other than the fact that Adesanya is captivating (he's the reason i'm buying this), what else should i know?

Don't miss Reyes/Blachowicz.  Could be the fight of the night or knockout of the night.

• Hook 'Em 1

Take piss breaks during womens fights
  • Haha 1

Just now, 52-80 said:

Yeah

He got his arm raised, he looked like he won all the rounds after the first. If you say a "close" fight against the champ I'd expect a few dominant rounds or putting the champ in danger, he did neither, he lost. 

Then he got smoked by Jan, who Jones was probably dodging to keep his record perfect and get a bigger check.

scorecard.png

7 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Just rewatched the main event...

That wasn't an asswhooping, but that was complete domination.

55-12 total

26-3 legs

https://mmacore.tv/videos/Israel_Adesanya_vs_Paulo_Costa_Full_Fight_UFC_253_Part_1/10369421

I know people are saying costa didn’t fight like he usually fights, but if he did he just would’ve gotten KO’d in the first round. More so than maybe anybody in UFC history, you just can’t stand and strike with Adesanya. It’s a losing strategy. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

11 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What’s up with all this shit we have to download? I don’t trust it

Sorry I thought the insert media would be smooth hosted for most. It's just webm highlights n sheet uploaded to shaggy. On my browser on my phone it's just a video you click play within the post