2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Interesting score card there. If one judge has it 30-26 and another 29-28 something is wrong 

Something is always wrong with judging, they aren't martial artists. All the commissions are full of total idiots I can't believe how they treat the UFC.

The UFC could just move to Abu Dhabi for all big fights and hire legit judges and do everything however they want, never pay another cent to corrupt commissions and idiot judges and refs 

25 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Something is always wrong with judging, they aren't martial artists. All the commissions are full of total idiots I can't believe how they treat the UFC.

The UFC could just move to Abu Dhabi for all big fights and hire legit judges and do everything however they want, never pay another cent to corrupt commissions and idiot judges and refs 

Rogan has offered up this idea, but there should probably be like 5 or 7 judges. 3 just leaves room for two idiots to fuck everything up. Sometimes it is tough to score a fight. I’ll give them that. So give them more help and get more eyes on the fight.

Losing this one sucks. 

The highly anticipated Leon Edwards vs. Khamzat Chimaev fight isn't happening on Dec. 19 after all.

The main event fight, which was slated to be the UFC's final one in 2020, has been canceled after Edwards recently tested positive for COVID-19, sources told ESPN. The promotion is hoping to rebook the fight in early 2021, sources said, but a date has yet to be finalized.

Edwards' case was severe. He hasn't been able to train at all and lost 12 pounds in four days, sources told ESPN's Brett Okamoto. He's currently in the process of recovering at home.

In response to the cancellation, the UFC announced they've bumped the Geoff Neal vs. Stephen Thompson fight, which was already set for the Dec. 19 card, to the new main event spot.

Edwards (18-3) has won his last eight bouts in a row but hasn't fought since July 2019. He was scheduled to fight Tyron Woodley on March 21 in London, but that fight was canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Chimaev (9-0) is 3-0 in the UFC. He most recently knocked out Gerald Meerschaert in 17 seconds in September. Edwards would have been his first ranked opponent in the UFC.

Not loaded, but at least some fights I am interested in.  Holland finally gets a step up in comp even though it is a washed up Jacare, but let's see what he can do against a name.  Let's hope for Dern's titty to pop out.  I have always liked Oliveria so I am hoping he beats Tony.  That fight on paper should be a contender for fight of the year just because they both do some crazy unorthodox stuff.  Someone should be getting choked out in that fight.  

I am not a huge fan of the flyweight division so I don't really give a shit about that, but I will say at least Figueriredo doesn't typically fuck around and gets to the point so I do appreciate that.