2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

Cruz is such a little bitch. He’s trying to say that the ref who (correctly) stopped the fight’s breath smelled like cigs and alcohol. Just stfu and hold your L. You lost to the better man. Nobody will talk about how you “got cheated”. 

Also, Dana white made an interesting comment in the post fight presser and it actually kinda makes sense. He basically said “Don’t want to take anything away from Gaethje, but Tony didn’t look right in this fight. He made weight twice in 15 days, so maybe that was a factor.” Excuses excuses, but if there is ANY truth to that, that really sucks for Tony. 

Tony cut weight the first time to be Billy Badass to show he was ready to fight on April 18th or whatever. He didn't have to cut weight. He was a dumbass for even doing it, but he ain't never been right in the head so it's Tony being Tony.

Oh but now its an excuse smh. He got fucking mauled.

• Like 2

• Sounds without the crowd were awesome.  You could hear all the leather, all the corner commentary, all the in-cage trash talk, all the pre/post-fight banter, etc
  • They should rig up an array of cameras around the ring, so online streamers could get some VR/360* style action viewing.... good time to experiment without any crowds/traditional broadcast
  • Win or lose Jeremy Stephens always brings a fight
  • So satisfying to see that smart-aleck Cruz get beat.  So, so satisfying.
  • That Arkansas grappler guy is fucking crazy.  Is he ready for a T15 matchup?  Or a Kron Gracie, Cub Swanson, Makwan next?
  • Vicente Luque is a bad motherfucker.  Luque vs RDA?
  • Werdum is such a fat slob
  • Pettis vs Cowboy the ultimate washed-up battle.  Almost sad to see
  • I can't imagine how loud the main event would have been in front of 20k people.  Insane action.  Nuts.
  • Contrast that absolute half-hour war vs Francis walking off with a 20 second KO.  Big difference in terms of work vs payout

Free fights on Wednesday night---Vanilla Gorilla kicks off the prelims. 

Another chance for you to see Arlovski and his FUBARed nose. 

Douchebag Ben Rothwell is back once again to probably say something stupid if he can beat OSP in his HW debut.  

Anthony Smith v Glover is the main event.  

12 hours ago, Scraps said:

Tony cut weight the first time to be Billy Badass to show he was ready to fight on April 18th or whatever. He didn't have to cut weight. He was a dumbass for even doing it, but he ain't never been right in the head so it's Tony being Tony.

Oh but now its an excuse smh. He got fucking mauled.

He’s not the one making the excuse. For whatever reason, Dana is. Tony was out classed in every way in that fight, but refused to quit and gave everyone watching a show. Dude was getting popped with an orbital fracture and kept coming. 

36 minutes ago, Kermit said:

He’s not the one making the excuse. For whatever reason, Dana is. Tony was out classed in every way in that fight, but refused to quit and gave everyone watching a show. Dude was getting popped with an orbital fracture and kept coming. 

I think he knows Ferguson v Khabib is the bigger fight, and now its probably officially done. And I’m sure he’s been calling him an idiot for 3 weeks, asking why he felt the need to prove a point with that first unnecessary weight cut. But you’re right. Tony has made no excuses. But I can’t wait to here Eddie Bravo explain to Rogan why he decided to cut weight that first time when they do the next fight companion (maybe this Wednesday). 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

20 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think he knows Ferguson v Khabib is the bigger fight, and now its probably officially done. And I’m sure he’s been calling him an idiot for 3 weeks, asking why he felt the need to prove a point with that first unnecessary weight cut. But you’re right. Tony has made no excuses. But I can’t wait to here Eddie Bravo explain to Rogan why he decided to cut weight that first time when they do the next fight companion (maybe this Wednesday). 

The answer: Tony’s fucking crazy. 

Yeah, my Dana White bullshit decoder came up with this:

"That wasn't the real Tony you saw lose one fight about seven times over and you should all be totally willing to pay to see him again in a co-main-event next year when he's 37.  Nothing is fucked here, dudes."

You got it, Dana.

1 hour ago, Walte464 said:

That fight went way too long, when Smith said he was losing his teeth, his corner should have called it

1 hour ago, hundredTT said:

Was fucking brutal. His corner completely fucked that up; over coaching and not throwing in the towel. Idiots. 

The main event fights on the two cards so far in Jacksonville have been brutal to watch, and I love this sport. Something about the fans not being in the stands makes it seem/sound so much more violent. And being able to clearly hear fighter audio like “hey, my fucking teeth are falling out” loud and clear. Fucking crazy times right now.