2020 UFC/MMA thread

ss13

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I gotta small wager on the underdog. At close to 5-1 odds in womens MMA its worth a shot. 

Absolutely.  She went the distance with Cyborg.  I'm not saying she'll win, but there's value there at those odds.  Should probably be more like 3-1.

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

That was a good night of fights. Not $65 good but damn enjoyable 

Definitely. I might be in the minority, but I love the 135 division. What do they do with TJ? What do they do with Cruz? Sterling probably gets the next shot at the winner of Aldo v Yan, but there are a few interesting fights they could make. Especially if we’re getting Cody without the alpha male handcuffs holding him back

So Fight Island is across the world.

I don't even understand the point of it. Just do the fights in Vegas like you have been. Only reason FI made sense was if nothing else was available....so like a month ago fight there. Now they are going to fight there june 27 through July. I just don't get it.

I watched DaDa5000 put on fights on a boat and they had a triangle cage that was like 150 sq ft lol. Of course the talent level of the fighters were what you see fighting in the lobby of Mcdonalds on World Star so it was shitty as hell, but action at least

https://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/heads-up-mma-fans-the-trigon-is-hear/?amp

Volkswagen/Holloway 2
Usman/Burns
Yan/Aldo

All being targeted for UFC 251...july 11

Now this is what I like to see.

Rest of main card added:

This is the main card for UFC 251, per Dana White on First take:

Usman vs. Burns
Volkanovski vs. Holloway
Yan vs. Aldo
Namajunas vs. Andrade 2
VanZant vs. Ribas

On 6/2/2020 at 9:34 AM, Scraps said:

Just wait til the June 13th card.  Just announced the main event is supposed to be Jessica Eye v Cynthia Cavillo.  That is going to be a brutal card if that is what they are coming with.  

andddd Eye missed weight again and apparently almost died trying 

This dude really sucks. 

Karl Roberson missed weight by 4.5 pounds for the co-main event, coming in at 190.5 pounds for the scheduled middleweight (185) bout. His opponent is Marvin Vettori. The bout is expected to go on with Roberson forfeiting 30% of his purse to Vettori.

The two were supposed to fight May 13, but Roberson missed weight by 1.5 pounds and then withdrew when he had to go to the hospital due to a weight-cut-related illness. Vettori and Roberson had a heated argument caught on video the next day at the hotel and had to be separated.