Raveneaux Country Club days are numbered

Zwylde

https://communityimpact.com/houston/spring-klein/development/2020/01/13/breaking-golf-course-to-detention-pond-harris-county-flood-control-district-set-to-acquire-raveneaux-county-club-by-late-january/

Pending final approval by the Harris County Commissioners Court, the Harris County Flood Control District hopes to acquire the 27.63 acres that encompass Raveneaux Country Club by the end of January, with the goal of constructing a regional stormwater detention basin to replace the country club and golf course.

Located in the Champion Forest neighborhood, Raveneaux Country Club has been a staple in the northwest Houston community since the 1970s. In addition to the country club, the community amenity also features a golf course, tennis courts and fitness gym, and hosts weddings and special events throughout the year.

According to HCFCD Deputy Executive Director Matt Zeve, HCFCD has been negotiating with the owner of Raveneaux Country Club, Michael Bloch—who manages Kera Development LP and Cypress/Raveneaux LLC—for the past year with the goal of acquiring the property for flood mitigation purposes.

Last Tuesday, Harris County Commissioners Court authorized the Harris County Real Property Division to make an offer to acquire the property, which is located at 9415 Cypresswood Drive in Spring.

“We’ve been working with Mr. Bloch and his people for awhile now—probably over a year—and we’ve finally come to a tentative agreement,” Zeve said. “[However], pretty much everything we do has to be approved by commissioners court—so nothing is official until [the court] approves the transaction at its Jan. 28 meeting. If they vote not to do this for whatever reason, then [the deal] is off.”

According to an email that was sent to Raveneaux Country Club members from Vice President of Operations Lou Mills, Bloch had accepted the offer extended by HCFCD as of Jan. 11.

Zeve said if the transaction is approved by commissioners court later this month, HCFCD hopes to close the deal by Jan. 30.

When I first heard this I would've bet money on developers using the land for some new homes but no, just a detention basin.  Sounds like its too little too late for the homeowners on the course but who knows.  Had some great teenage memories out there.  Played the course many times but many more times wading the ponds at night for all those 1 time hit Titleist.  From about age 16-22 we never had to buy golf balls because we got so many out of those ponds.  More than a couple of late nights with a six pack and a girl out on the greens at night as well.  Anyone live in Champions Forest or members at Ravenueax?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zwylde said:

https://communityimpact.com/houston/spring-klein/development/2020/01/13/breaking-golf-course-to-detention-pond-harris-county-flood-control-district-set-to-acquire-raveneaux-county-club-by-late-january/

Pending final approval by the Harris County Commissioners Court, the Harris County Flood Control District hopes to acquire the 27.63 acres that encompass Raveneaux Country Club by the end of January, with the goal of constructing a regional stormwater detention basin to replace the country club and golf course.

Located in the Champion Forest neighborhood, Raveneaux Country Club has been a staple in the northwest Houston community since the 1970s. In addition to the country club, the community amenity also features a golf course, tennis courts and fitness gym, and hosts weddings and special events throughout the year.

According to HCFCD Deputy Executive Director Matt Zeve, HCFCD has been negotiating with the owner of Raveneaux Country Club, Michael Bloch—who manages Kera Development LP and Cypress/Raveneaux LLC—for the past year with the goal of acquiring the property for flood mitigation purposes.

Last Tuesday, Harris County Commissioners Court authorized the Harris County Real Property Division to make an offer to acquire the property, which is located at 9415 Cypresswood Drive in Spring.

“We’ve been working with Mr. Bloch and his people for awhile now—probably over a year—and we’ve finally come to a tentative agreement,” Zeve said. “[However], pretty much everything we do has to be approved by commissioners court—so nothing is official until [the court] approves the transaction at its Jan. 28 meeting. If they vote not to do this for whatever reason, then [the deal] is off.”

According to an email that was sent to Raveneaux Country Club members from Vice President of Operations Lou Mills, Bloch had accepted the offer extended by HCFCD as of Jan. 11.

Zeve said if the transaction is approved by commissioners court later this month, HCFCD hopes to close the deal by Jan. 30.

When I first heard this I would've bet money on developers using the land for some new homes but no, just a detention basin.  Sounds like its too little too late for the homeowners on the course but who knows.  Had some great teenage memories out there.  Played the course many times but many more times wading the ponds at night for all those 1 time hit Titleist.  From about age 16-22 we never had to buy golf balls because we got so many out of those ponds.  More than a couple of late nights with a six pack and a girl out on the greens at night as well.  Anyone live in Champions Forest or members at Ravenueax?

Were you night putting with the daughter of the dean?

• Like 2

Similar shenanigans in the 90s myself. Got kicked out of the driving range multiple times. Good times

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

^^What, are writing a Penthouse Forum letter?

I drop this open ended line all the time, “I can’t believe it happened to me...”. Millennials look at me like I’m losing it.  Fuckers grew up with the internet.  No need to exercise the largest erogenous  zone.

Edited by Incredulity

When I first heard this I would've bet money on developers using the land for some new homes but no, just a detention basin.

1) Commissioners (developers) overpay for land ripe for development

2) Project scrapped/downsized by future Comminisioners

3) Land sold at huge loss to former Commissioners for development

4) ???

5) Profit